Audit and Accounting Control Analyst
Standard / Permanent
In accordance with the Dodd-Frank Act, BNP Paribas is required to establish an Intermediate Holding Company (“IHC”) over its US subsidiaries. The IHC will be subject to risk-based capital and leverage standards, regulatory reporting, enhanced governance requirements, liquidity risk management, and other requirements.
The BNP Paribas IHC Program has been established with the following five core work streams:
- Legal Entity Structure & Tax: legal setup of the IHC
- Risk Governance, Reporting and Single Counterparty Credit Limits: establish the governance, process and technology platforms for producing the enhanced risk reporting.
- CCAR: establish the governance, process and technology platforms for producing the annual IHC capital plan, performing and reporting on capital stress tests and complying with monthly and quarterly regulatory reporting
- Funding & Liquidity Management: establish the governance, process and technology platforms for producing cash flow projections, performing and reporting liquidity stress testing and managing liquidity buffers
- Financial / Regulatory Reporting: establish the governance, process and technology platforms for producing IHC financial and management reporting, including the implementation of US GAAP basis statutory regulatory and consolidation processes for financial reporting
In addition a number of supporting transversal workstreams are instrumental to the delivery of the program: Information Technology, Enterprise Data Management, Human Resources and the Regulatory Analysis workstreams.
The Data Management Team is part of the overall Enterprise Data Management program which looks to satisfy the requirements related to principles for effective enterprise data aggregation and reporting, and is intended to support evolving regulatory requirements.
The role will report to the Data Operations Manager and will be responsible for overseeing the operational availability of data throughout the CIB/IHC systems including, but not limited to, confirmation and testing of technical data flows; confirmation and tracking of execution of business controls; ownership and implementation of critical data; and action the tactical remediation of issues during the close cycle.
- Participate in daily touchpoints to communicate the current status regarding data availability and issues associated with data impacting the close
- Execute key business processes and collect data necessary to confirm technical processes have occurred as expected and identify impactful issues as necessary
- Work as part of a multi-function team to correct data during the close window to assure the overall quality of downstream reporting
- Analyze data to assist in the identification of issues along with Data Quality, IT and Business Function subject matter experts in support of the close activities
- Create necessary documentation and track progress of key processes and procedures, while capturing auditable data artifacts throughout the close to support internal and external audits regarding Data availability and overall quality.
- Bachelor’s degree or MBA in finance, business or information technology (or international equivalent)
- 3 to 5 years experience in data management, financial close operations, or audit with direct involvement in or related to financial close processes
- In depth knowledge of data management and governance processes
- Experience with data integration
- Develop and reinforce open, considerate and effective relationships with customers, external contacts and primary data consumer senior leadership
- Focused approach to problem solving which must include flexibility while maintaining keeping focus on priorities defined by overall impact
- Ability to think analytically
- Attention to detail and the ability to work with a distributed multinational and multicultural teams
- Ability to work under pressure and creatively address various topics on-hand
- Ability to prioritize and manage a variable workload
Effectively conveys the message in both written and verbal business discussions
- Have exceptional organizational skills, with the ability to handle complex projects in a multi-tasking environment and meet deadlines while delivering high quality results
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Project)