Standard / Permanent
In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 17,000 employees* and a presence in 14 markets, BNP Paribas provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships.
• Partner with senior business sponsors, platform supervision, compliance, and business management to enhance and augment the holistic supervisory and surveillance platform
• Investigate and analyze data on the surveillance platform as key input to enhance existing data strategy on multi-vector analysis using various natural language processing and machine learning techniques
• Primary focus is to investigate and analyze available structured and un-structured information, apply data mining techniques, perform statistical analysis, and provide methods (algorithmic and technical) to create actionable alerts and reduce false-positives
• Develop and enhance software solutions to meet business requirements
• Gather and document technical requirements and specifications
• Work with the project PM and BA’s on project planning and deliverable
• Work on multiple tasks and respect aggressive schedule
• Work in a fast paced environment.
Technical and Behavioral Competencies / Specific Qualifications (if required)
a) Technical Competencies
• Implementation experience with of Big Data technologies including large data stores and Machine Learning
• Knowledge of various Statistical Analysis, Probabilistic Analysis and Data Visualization techniques preferred
• Advanced knowledge of SQL and/or NoSQL systems
• Basic understanding of project lifecycle stages
b) Behavioral Competencies
• Ability to manage conflicting requests on time in a continually fast moving environment and operating in a global team
• Must be a self-starter with attention to detail and strong communications (written and oral) skills
• Experience with Front Office traders, IT support and Operation teams in a Capital Markets domain.
• Experience with machine learning, natural language processing, AI, or robotics is a plus
Qualifications and Experience
• Master’s degree in engineering, math, statistics, physics or other technical field