Standard / Permanent
FINANCE ACCOUNTS ET MANAGEMENT CONTROL
BNP Paribas is a leading European bank with an international reach. It has a presence in 73 countries, with more than 192,000 employees – including more than 146,000 in Europe and over 5,000 in Portugal alone.
BNP Paribas is present in Portugal since 1985, having been the first foreign bank to operate in the country. Today, BNP Paribas has several entities operating directly in this territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
Worldwide, the Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors.
CIB is an international core business with important platforms in Paris, London, Hong Kong, New York, Tokyo and Singapore. It is organized around two main poles, Global Banking and Global Markets
As part of Global Banking, there is Corporate Coverage EMEA and Financing Solutions EMEA which are mainly focused on plain vanilla financing, hedging facilities, debt origination and structuring, and also including sectorial expertise.
The Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporate and institutional clients) to realise their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance.
Within BNP Paribas, Credit Analysis plays a fundamental role in the selection of the bank’s assets, contributing to the sustainability of the business model. This is critical in reaching the right credit decisions, bringing added value to the business as well as strongly monitoring risks.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Credit Analysts Services platform allows centralizing a number of tasks in one setup which will support EMEA (Europe Middle East and Africa) teams in the:
- Counterparty Financial Analysis
- Assessment of Counterparty and Credit Risk
- Preparation of Credit Proposals in support of the Relationship Managers
- Credit Risk Monitoring (Annual reviews, Covenant Management
- Reporting & Data management
We provide the opportunity to take part in:
- A structured training path: theoretical and on the job training provided
- Career path including mobility after 2.5-3 years, within our service centers in Portugal or across EMEA Business Centers
- Distant working environment, including also travelling and meeting other EMEA teams.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics or Accounting.
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills in English (mandatory).
- Good knowledge in German language skills (mandatory)
- No experience required, however previous middle office/back office banking experience is beneficial
- Knowledge of the Corporate banking environment is beneficial
- Detail oriented with a solid knowledge of financial analysis under several standards
- Team spirit
- Self-starter, good initiative & flexible
- Business minded with an ability to convey a balanced sense of risk
Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.