Compliance Permanent Control Officer APAC (Associate - AVP)
Standard / Permanent
- Compliance APAC has a Permanent Control team which performs periodical testing checks on both Compliance APAC Functions and APAC Business lines. Reporting to the COO Compliance APAC, this team assures the effectiveness of the Compliance control framework of BNP Paribas APAC. In addition, the Permanent Control Team of Compliance APAC is building an on-site review control team to perform periodical testing checks in the APAC territory.
- Candidates can be considered across Associate – VP level depending on their skills and level of experience.
Permanent Control Testing & Monitoring
- Perform controls testing on a regular basis
- Conduct review of controls testing performed at country level to validate the findings
- Conduct compliance on-site review on a regular basis
- Write high quality testing results, findings and reports
- Communicate review results, present identified issues to Country Compliance, work with the Country Compliance to develop and implement a plan of corrective action and prepare written reports. This may involve coordination, consultation and communication with Business Line Compliance and Domain Compliance
- Escalate potential issues and exceptions items noted during review
- Track status of corrective action plans agreed with Country Compliance
- Maintain detailed and organised documentation of work products
- Coordinate with other professionals in the organization, including other Compliance teams and Internal Audit
- Remain current on industry rules, regulations and best practices to help ensure that the testing program meets regulatory standards
- Provide status report to Regional COO, Compliance & Control on a regular basis
Regulatory missions / IG missions management
- Work with Country Compliance and coordinate Regulatory missions and IG missions including information and documentation collection to address regulatory/IG requests.
- Follow through on findings and recommendations
- Provide status report to Country Compliance, Domain Compliance, and Regional COO, on a regular basis
- Develop dashboard to communicate notable issues identified through regulatory missions and IG missions, to senior Compliance management
- Contribute to Group Compliance generic control plans
- Contribute to the Permanent Control framework
Technical and Behavioral Competencies required
- Experience within auditing or University degree or equivalent in Finance or Accounting
- High level understanding of risk assessments and control assessments
- Ability to prioritize and work independently
- Experience in creating procedure documents and corresponding controls
- Computer literacy, and familiarity in navigating the operational tools which support Financial Security Compliance controls
- Highly detail-oriented with ability to evaluate different, complex situations and make appropriate and pragmatic recommendations
- Experience and Qualifications required
- Dependent upon level, the preferred applicant must have 2 to 8 years of relevant experience in a role which has exposure to banking business with an international financial institution
- Familiar with market standards on Financial Security, Market Integrity, Professional Ethics, Client Interest, Conduct, Personal Data, Client Tax and Global Regulatory requirements ie. Volcker, FBL, FATCA….
- Fluent English. Language abilities in other Asian languages is desirable, but not essential
- This position requires 40% of travel in APAC countries where BNP Paribas has offices. Extended stay up to 2 weeks.