Compliance Officer - Wealth Management Surveillance
Standard / Permanent
- Serve as a Senior AML Surveillance Analyst
- Investigate and assess alerts for potential money laundering risks in the Bank.
- Ensure efficient identification and monitoring of suspicious activities and transactions.
- Ensure timely, efficient reporting of suspicious transactions
- Maintain a current understanding of money laundering and terrorist financing issues, including policies, procedures, regulations, industry best practice, criminal typologies and developing trends.
- Assist in identifying systemic procedural weaknesses and additional training requirements for the Bank.
- As an AML subject matter expert provide direction and guidance to employees on appropriate remediation action for high risk accounts.
- Timely execution of instructions
- Assist with money laundering related queries/questionnaires received from Corresponding Bank such as BNPPNY
- Investigate, review and resolve AML related and economic sanction related alerts
- Ensure proper investigation of suspicious transactions or money laundering alerts.
- Assist with AML Compliance Training especially on identification and reporting of suspicious transactions.
- Assist in the development of in-person AML/Economic Sanctions Compliance Training for new employees
- Prepare weekly, bi-weekly, monthly and quarterly reports or as necessary
- Obtain documentary proof of suspicious transactions and ensure effective record keeping of suspicious transaction identified and reported to the CAS in line with the local requirements
- To participle in ad-hoc projects, tool development projects as well as in the drafting of procedures when in relation to the monitoring of transactions,
- Participate in the ongoing developments related to Norkom (parameters, processes, etc) and Safewatch in liaison with the MOA and Head Office.
- Provide support on projects pursuant to management requests or necessitated by events such as local & global internal audits and periodic inspections by the regulatory authorities.
- Adhering to principles & values
- Applying Expertise and Technology
- Learning & Researching
- Planning and Organising
Experience and Qualifications required
- University Graduate
- Minimum 6-8 years’ relevant Compliance experience some of which must be within a Financial Institution
- Ideally have prior experience in Wealth Management Transaction Surveillance