Standard / Permanent
HK-Hong Kong (HK)-Hong Kong
In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 17,000 employees* and a presence in 14 markets, BNP Paribas provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships.
• Member of the KYC/AML account recertification team.
• Enforce Wealth Management Compliance policies and procedures.
• Provide advisory to Business and Functions on KYC/AML related issues
• To diligently carry out the account recertification process and ensure accounts are compliant, especially on issues of money laundering, adverse media, sanctions, via the due diligence review and transaction monitoring processes; and to flag out and alert managers as and when suspicious activities are found.
• To work independently on assigned tasks with minimal supervision.
• To identify issues during the review process and communicate effectively to Front Office in an efficient manner.
• To assist and actively take part in the client acceptance and recertification committee by performing compliance risk analysis, providing mitigating solutions and presenting to the committee members for deliberation.
• To proactively identify potential gaps in our current processes/policies against regulatory requirements, and bring up to management immediate attention.
• To keep abreast of new regulations and to update management and colleagues on impact of changes.
• To recommend ways to improve efficiency on the current review process.
• To lead ad hoc projects, in particular, projects related to procedures development, process improvements, and control & system enhancements.
• To prepare training materials and provide live trainings to Front Office on KYC-related matters, and promote compliance awareness and culture.
• To investigate, analyze, prepare memo, and ensure required protocol is followed through for STR-related cases.
• To assist with review and comment on proposed new policies.
• To assist with internal audits, regulatory inspection and investigation.
• To work with Home Office Compliance on derogations and other policies-related matters.
• To identify and control compliance risks, implementing monitoring measures where required.
• To assist in preparing relevant compliance reports pertaining to Wealth Management for submission to Head Office and ensuring accomplishment of the Department’s mission.
Competencies (Technical / Behavioural)
• Familiar with Hong Kong laws and regulations.
• A team player and work well with people
• Able to work independently, perform under pressure with tight deadlines and multi-tasks.
• A good knowledge of compliance framework.
• Have strong written and communication skills.
• Strong presentation skill
Specific Qualifications Required
• University graduate.
• Compliance experience in Wealth Management/Private Bank.
• Fluent in Cantonese, English and Mandarin.