Standard / Permanent
BNP Paribas is a leading European bank with an international reach. It has a presence in 73 countries, with more than 192,000 employees – including more than 146,000 in Europe and over 4,000 in Portugal alone.
BNP Paribas is present in Portugal since 1985, having been one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, BNP Paribas has several entities operating directly in this territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
Worldwide, the Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. The Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporate and institutional clients) to realise their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance.
The main objective of the mission is the management of a KYC compliance Project. The candidate will have Compliance and Projects responsibilities and will ensure the application of BNP Paribas and BP2S policies and procedures. The KYC Project Officer will be involved in the respects of Sanction and embargoes programs and the protection of the bank from non-compliance risks, specifically in the Financial Security domains (mainly Money-Laundering, Terrorism-Financing and Reputational risks).
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Control the quality of the Know Your Customer files
- Work closely with the business and the KYC Operations team to increase the quality
- Point of contact to answer about KYC topics and questions about Compliance
- Develop/Update periodical reports to the locations involved
- Work closely with teams from other locations (KYC Compliance Project)
- Create and manage the action plan to rapidly rectify redundant issues on files
- Academic background in Business
- Experience in the financial sector in a similar role (Compliance)
- Fluency in French and English (mandatory)
- Good Microsoft Office Knowledge
- Details’ oriented and good organization skills
Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.