Standard / Permanent
MISSION AND OBJECTIVES
CIB ITO Client Management (CLM) is a global IT and Operations ﴾ITO﴿ group responsible for providing services across all the CIB Business Lines, which include Due Diligence services ﴾New Accounts, Recertification﴿, Client Service, and Client Referential Data Management.
The Client Management (CLM) Monitoring and Control (MAC) team monitors, controls, and manages CLM Americas key operational processes to ensure proper functioning of the team and visibility for senior management. They are the Level 1 control for Client Management.
The MAC team is primarily based in New York reporting to the CIB ITO Client Management COO Americas. The local Montreal team will report to the Head of CLM Canada.
The MAC Analyst will be based in Montreal and perform a number of level 1 controls for CLM including reporting, validation checks, activity checks, data reconciliations, etc. The responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Perform detailed analysis on client referential data breaks
• Perform activity checks on client accounts
• Generate control reports and reconciliations
• Submit requests to correct/align data in the various CLM owned systems
• Perform key level 1 controls on various CLM operational processes
TRAINING AND OCCUPATIONAL EXPERIENCE
The candidate will have a successful track record within the financial services sector, preferably with experience of working in operations or compliance. The candidate will have delivered value on a number of assignments, working independently or in a team, demonstrating some of the following:
• Have a control mindset
• Excellent interpersonal and communications skills, working effectively with representatives of a diverse range of departments
• Adaptability, multi-tasking across multiple and varying assignments
• Strong analysis skills, and an ability to gain an in depth understanding of complex processes and systems
• Ability to report clear and concise status updates to management and stakeholders
• Ability to liaise with stakeholders in different regions
• BA or higher degree in finance, or related discipline
• 1+ years of experience in Financial Services
• Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio)
• Positive, energetic, flexible and self-motivated team player with strong organizational skills
• Willingness to learn new systems, concepts and broaden knowledge in the industry
• Good problem-solving skills, analytical, rigorous, with attention to details
• Desire to take ownership of objectives and drive results
• Preference to work in a collaborative environment
• Very strong work ethic and ability to deal with confidential information
FINRA Registrations Required: N/A
A recruitment policy that promotes equity and diversity:
Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
We pride ourselves in applying non-discrimination rules to all our recruitments.
We will only contact the candidates selected who meet the job requirements in terms of training and experience.
About BNP Paribas
BNP Paribas is a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. It has a presence in 73 countries, with more than 195,000 employees, including more than 148,000 in Europe. The Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. The Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporates and institutional clients) to realise their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance. In Europe, the Group has four domestic markets (Belgium, France, Italy and Luxembourg) and BNP Paribas Personal Finance is the leader in consumer lending. BNP Paribas is rolling out its integrated retail-banking model in Mediterranean countries, in Turkey, in Eastern Europe and a large network in the western part of the United States. In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas also enjoys top positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas as well as a solid and fast-growing business in Asia-Pacific.
About BNP Paribas in Canada
In Canada, BNP Paribas is one of the dominant foreign banks in the country and is committed to building its platform even further. Since becoming the operational hub for the Group’s activities in North America in 2013, it has grown significantly to reach more than 700 employees and is expected to continue growing in the coming years. With the continued development of technology and financial fields, BNP Paribas Canada continues to attract experts with diverse backgrounds as well as young and ambitious talent from across the globe. With the international mobility and capacity that very few companies can offer, BNP Paribas prides itself in providing a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow.