Standard / Permanent
FINANCIAL AND TECHNICAL EXPERTISE
The BNPPRE UK Research Department is looking to expand its capabilities with a new role focused on capital markets. The post is reporting to the Head of Research and will be working directly with both internal and external clients.
This is a pivotal role within the business, in line with the company’s drive to push forward this part of our capital markets services and reflecting the remit of our newly expanded Research team. This post is critical to the growth of our rapidly expanding investment and agency business, and we cannot succeed in achieving our business plan without the support of high quality research. The role provides an opportunity for the right candidate to carve out their vision for forward looking capital markets analysis.
Producing high quality research on a range of markets from an investment perspective, both for publication and in support of our teams.
- Understanding and reporting on the dynamics of the relevant UK markets.
- Working with the respective business lines to build on our well established reputation for high quality research.
- Delivering a mix of standard market reports and innovative thematic research.
- An agreed programme of market and thematic research reports.
- Presentations in the company of other members of the team to clients, individually, at seminars or at pitches.
- Working with colleagues on quarter end reporting and leading on delivery to internal teams.
- Providing support to our business teams through the provision of market information and insight to assist in delivering fee income.
- Working with our data analysts to maintain and develop our databases.
Roles and responsibilities
Has an awareness of wider team or department budget.
Clients and Business Development
- Manages existing client/supplier relationships at a senior level on a day to day basis.
- Works independently on most areas of work under regular management monitoring.
- Receives guidance only on unusual issues.
- Has broad knowledge of principles and practices of related disciplines.
- Works alongside colleagues in marketing and communications to ensure alignment of strategy, messaging and delivery.
- Enhances BNP Paribas Real Estate‘s reputation through successful delivery.
- Builds own network within service lines and externally.
- Co-ordinates colleagues and others on specific projects.
- Works closely on a day to day basis with various members of the business teams.
- Shares knowledge with / provides information to colleagues and team.
- Mentors other junior colleagues.
Systems and Process
- Responsible for managing routine processes and procedures.
- Can identify improvements to business processes within own function.
- Is a contributor to BNP Paribas Real Estate projects.
The successful candidate will possess:
A wish to carve out a space for them in capital markets research.
- An ability to spot trends in the market and see how the business can exploit them.
- A sound knowledge of data sources, occupational and investment transactions and the wider property market.
- Training and experience in statistical analysis and drawing conclusions from data.
- A clear writing style and the ability to take the complex and express it in simple terms without losing the central message.
- A confident speaking style that draws the audience in.
- An understanding of the drivers of real estate markets.
BNP Paribas Real Estate is proud to be an inclusive employer, as recognised by our RICS Inclusive Employer status and the Stonewall Equality Index.