Business Analyst - Engineering (Assets & Fund Services)
Standard / Permanent
OPERATIONAL EFFICIENCY TRANSFORMATION AND BUSINESS ANALYSIS
BNP Paribas Securities Services
Securities Services Chennai Hub
Roles & Responsibilities
As a Senior Business Analyst your main responsibilities will be to collaborate with the Business users and IT to capture and document business requirements across the applications supported by Colibri (in-house asset creation tool). You are required to participate and drive the enhancement initiatives related to the Asset Creation area covering Pricing and Fund Administration touch-points primarily
In addition to Business Analyst responsibilities, act as project leader on complex initiatives, coordinate a mix of business and IT staff, produce project updates and maintain risks and issues related to projects. Responsible to develop and identify future architecture and strategy related to Operations’ systems
Provide second and third level subject matter expertise to Operations and all key users of Colibri system.
- Act as an individual contributor, SME and mentor the team of Business Analysis in problem resolution / building solution
- Individual contributor role with Management responsibilities (80-20 % split)
- Collaborate with Operation team and SMEs to document the Business requirements (BRD)
- Work together with developers to review the FRD’s and provide signoff
- Design a test suite for User Acceptance and Non-regression
- Perform end to end functional testing, user acceptance test (UAT) and Non-regression testing (NRT)
- Diagnose and troubleshoot system to resolve defects
- Project management responsibilities to plan and manage the schedule, project/release deliverables and to manage the stakeholders
- Communicating with Global operations, IT & SMEs
- Be an SME in areas of Asset creation and mentor/train less experienced resources in the team
Educational qualifications: Post Graduation with specialization in Finance (or) Engineering degree with considerate experience as an IT BA
Total years of experience: 10+ years
Relevant years of BA experience: 6+ years
Knowledge and skills required
- Demonstrates expertise of multiple business functions.
- Strong analytical skills, detail orientation, service commitment, and solid organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of tools, best practices and methodologies in the BA domain (e.g. Estimation techniques, Prototyping)
- In-depth Database and SQL knowledge
- Ability to work independently, as well as in a team environment, prioritizes multiple tasks, and meets strict deadlines
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Applications and strong MS Excel skills required.
- Thorough understanding of all capital market instruments and Asset creation.
- Supervise, monitor, control and co-ordinate all activities in the department.
- Lead and motivate the employees in the department.
- Domain knowledge in Asset Management, Capital Markets and a good understanding of Static Data/Reference Data, Market data/Pricing
- Should understand the lifecycle for various listed and OTC asset types
- Should have proven experience in business analysis for any of the middle office and back office
- applications used in asset and fund administration domain.
- Desirable to have excellent communications skills to transform business information to IT , strong influencing/negotiating skills and better stake holder management
- Strong Database/SQL knowledge
- Experience in Asset Creation and Pricing applications is desirable
- Thorough knowledge in SDLC process and good understanding of all the project phases with proven
- project management experience.