Business Analyst Data Governance
Standard / Permanent
In accordance with the Dodd-Frank Act, BNP Paribas is required to establish an Intermediate Holding Company (“IHC”) over its US subsidiaries. The IHC will be subject to risk-based capital and leverage standards, regulatory reporting, enhanced governance requirements, liquidity risk management, and other requirements.
The BNP Paribas IHC Program has been established with the following five core work streams:
- Legal Entity Structure & Tax: legal setup of the IHC
- Risk Governance, Reporting and Single Counterparty Credit Limits: establish the governance, process and technology platforms for producing the enhanced risk reporting.
- CCAR: establish the governance, process and technology platforms for producing the annual IHC capital plan, performing and reporting on capital stress tests and complying with monthly and quarterly regulatory reporting
- Funding & Liquidity Management: establish the governance, process and technology platforms for producing cash flow projections, performing and reporting liquidity stress testing and managing liquidity buffers
- Financial / Regulatory Reporting: establish the governance, process and technology platforms for producing IHC financial and management reporting, including the implementation of US GAAP basis statutory regulatory and consolidation processes for financial reporting
Data Quality & Controls team is part of the overall Enterprise Data Management team which looks to satisfy the requirements related to ensuring that data used for reporting is of high quality aligned with Basel principles for effective risk data aggregation and risk reporting, and is intended to support evolving regulatory requirements referring to data quality.
This role will report to Data Controller – Data Governance.
Perform risk assessment of data flows, identify gaps in controls, document these risks in risk and control matrix and follow up on the gaps to ensure closure
Liaise with Business, IT and other stakeholders to maintain risk and control matrix, reconciliation and control inventory for Data Governance
Ensure the delivery of new controls and reconciliations by liaising with various stakeholders
Perform daily monitoring of controls/reconciliations as second line of defense
Define the requirements for control/reconciliation monitoring metrics, dashboards and co-ordinate with IT in development, performing and validating UAT’s.
Participation in data quality investigation and root cause analysis
Follow the Control & Reconciliation framework, processes, policies and procedures.
Coordinate with offshore team on data control monitoring, metrics, and dashboards.
Work extensively with Issue Management & Remediation team for remediation’s around the identified data control issues.
Produce and distribute daily/weekly team Status reports
Follow appropriate change control and configuration management procedures
- Bachelor's degree in accounting/finance or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 6+ years of professional level data management or financial controls experience.
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in Project management / Business Analysis in a financial institution
- 2 – 3 years’ experience in Controls/Reconciliations within a Bank / Financial institution
- Experience in evaluating and implementing internal controls
- Good Verbal, Analytical & research and written skills with experience writing technical/ functional documentation
- Good understanding of banking products, operations and information systems
Be a self-directed individual with the ability to work autonomously
- Ability to work under pressure, manage variable workload and creatively address various topics
- Develops open, considerate, effective and productive working relationships with customers, external contacts and individuals within CIB/IS perimeter
- Draws information from the market and applies broad knowledge base to make timely and logical decision that provides practical solutions for customers and others