Standard / Permanent
FINANCE ACCOUNTS ET MANAGEMENT CONTROL
BNP Paribas is a leading European bank with an international reach. It has a presence in 73 countries, with more than 192,000 employees – including more than 146,000 in Europe and over 4,000 in Portugal alone.
BNP Paribas is present in Portugal since 1985, having been the first foreign bank to operate in the country. Today, BNP Paribas has several entities operating directly in this territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
Worldwide, the Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. The Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporate and institutional clients) to realise their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance.
BNP Paribas is recruiting for its European Finance Operations Center in Lisbon, part of the Group Finance function. Group Finance is responsible for compiling and processing accounting and financial information in order to ensure its publication and to provide Executive Management with the necessary information for the entire Group’s financial management.
Within Group Finance, Purchasing Solutions & Accounts Payable (PS&AP) is in charge of the cost accounting operations and tools for the Group.
The Cost Allocation team is in charge of implementing a common cost allocation and budget simulation tool for BNP Paribas entities based on a standard Core Model and also responsible for the administration and production support of control management tools and finance applications.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Control the correct sourcing and the availability of the tools
- Assist business controllers in monthly, quarterly and yearly financial closing activities, as well as budget and forecast preparation
- Meet schedules and deadlines for reporting figures in local and group synthesis systems
- Document all cost allocation and both budget and forecast simulation processes
- Provide 1st line of support to users regarding application incidents, technical / setup issues and tool’s unavailability;
- Handle incident management in close coordination with IT teams
- Handle access rights and security related tasks
- Collect user’s enhancements and evolution requests
- Translate customer needs into functional specifications, in line with the Core Model
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Finance, with IT management background
- Knowledge of analytical accounting / finance / management control
- Professional experience: 5 years of experience in a role related to application support
- Knowledge of Essbase, Oracle, Smartview, or other similar multi-dimensional database is a plus
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Visio) - VBA and MS Access is a plus
- English (minimum B2 Level, CECRL certificate)
- French (A1/A2 Level, CECRL certificate) is a plus
- Proactive attitude with ability to work under tight deadlines in a fast changing and demanding environment, with international locations
- Strong analytical mind and data management skills, with a strong strive for quality
- Excellent communication (oral & written) and ability to report
- Strong team spirit, at ease with multi-tasking
- Available to stay punctually on-call during the evenings, weekends and bank holidays
- Available to travel abroad, in short duration
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered