Associate - Trade Processing (Middle Office Operations)
Standard / Permanent
BNP Paribas Securities Services
Securities Services Chennai Hub
Roles & Responsibilities
- Working as a member of the Trade Processing team including trade capture and settlement
- Process Global Security transactions on the Global trade processing platforms within given deadlines
- Interact with both internal and external parties to resolve trade confirmation and settlement queries
- Participate and help management in the Audit, Projects
- Capture and confirm Equity and Fixed Income trades from the client in a timely and accurate manner thus ensuring timely settlement and accounting
- Ensure that all trades are matched within market/client deadlines
- Ensure client positions are correct and all transactions are processed
- Query resolution in accordance with time frames set out in Client SLA’s
- Work with the Custodians and brokers to capture failed trades
- Resolve failed trade queries proactively
- Ensure all errors/break down of procedure are documented as per BNP Paribas policy
- Active involvement in Projects
- Extensive communication with Internal & External parties.
Educational qualifications: College Degree, preferably a Master’s degree in Commerce or MBA (Finance)
Total years of experience: 0-2 years
Relevant years of experience: 1-2 years for Associate Level I
Knowledge and skills required
- Strong analytical skills, detail orientation, service commitment, and solid organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently, as well as in a team environment, prioritizes multiple tasks, and meets strict deadlines.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Applications and strong MS-Word & Excel skills required.
- To be based in Chennai and prepared to travel as required.
- Must be prepared to work in any shift supporting Asia/Americas/European business hours.
- Capacity to deal with high volumes of activity
- Prioritization and notion of risk
- Knowledge of activities in other departments
- Team Spirit – Should be a good team player
- Capacity to handle issues during crisis and otherwise
- Should handle pressurized situations
- Job specific competencies