Associate - Fund Accounting (NAV)
Standard / Permanent
BNP Paribas Securities Services
Securities Services Chennai Hub
Roles & Responsibilities
- Acquire complete understanding of NAV Calculation & its related functions with various parties involved. For example: Custody, TA, Pricing, Corporate Actions, etc.
- Become a SME (Subject Matter Expert) of the process by acquiring complete knowledge of NAV Calculation Processing & Review across all funds & instruments types.
- Ensure all reconciliation breaks in TA, Cash & Stock are validated and justified for each calculated NAV.
- Ensure NAV calculations are produced in a timely manner as per SLA. Completeness of NAV packs includes accurate report generation, timely delivery of reports, scanning & archiving.
- Adhere to Quality SLA of 98% & above while processing NAVs.
- Be proactive in resolving queries and escalate immediately to the supervisor on any issues/queries/escalations.
- Participate in preparation of Key/Standard Operating Procedures for each process migrated to Chennai.
- Consistently evaluate the documented procedures to ensure they are complete, accurate and up to date.
- Carry out other ad-hoc duties may arise from time to time, mainly on month ends & year ends.
Graduation/Post Graduation with specialization in Finance / NCFM Certified
Total years of experience: 0-1year
Relevant years of experience: None
Knowledge and skills required
- Monitor the respective group mail box and respond quickly to the queries.
- Adhere to Quality of 98% while producing NAVs & 100 % during reviewing NAVs.
- Ensure there is NO Financial impact/loss to the organization.
- Ensure SAS 70 checks are understood and followed. 100% compliance is must for all NAV packs.
- Act as a back-up in the absence of other team members.
- Ensure to minimize the unplanned leaves, especially during business critical days, like month end, rollover days and migration of new funds.
- Should come up with minimum one process improvement/automation initiative per quarter.
- To share the process/product knowledge with fellow team members.
- Job specific competencies