Analyst, Fund Accountant
Standard / Permanent
HK-Hong Kong (HK)-Hong Kong
Fund Accounting (FA) team under BNP Paribas Securities Services is looking for a new experienced fund accountant.
The Fund Accounting (FA) team is responsible for overall production of the Net Asset Value calculations for both single manager hedge funds and fund of hedge fund clients. The FA team produces daily, weekly and monthly valuations for clients in adherence to client reporting requirements and HFS internal procedures. The team independently reconciles, reviews and reports on trades, positions, cash and prices, controls general ledger postings and the final NAV review sign off process. The team maintains the client relationship and therefore frequent client contact is an important part of the groups remit.
Key responsibilities are:
Handling work with clients, fund managers and other third parties on daily operational issues (in independent and professional manner)
Preparing and reviewing Daily/Monthly NAV calculation
- Establishing very solid knowledge in the fund administration business and common practice, including hedge funds, fund of hedge funds and private equity funds
- Responding to client enquiries and coordinate work with other internal departments
- Preparing report for due diligence meeting with client/investor
- Responding to the auditor queries timely and ensure the funds’ filed the AFS/FAR to CIMA on the agreed time line
- Preparing administrator reporting in connection with the funds’/managers’ board meeting
- Coaching and training new staff
- Actively involving in internal projects and leading the internal administrative work
- Evaluating the existing processes and initiating the work plan to improve efficiency
Ideal candidate should have followings.
- A relevant Bachelor degree
- At least 5 years’ Fund accounting experience
- A professional accounting qualification would be an advantage
- Having private equity fund experience is a plus
- Ability to listen and understand client issues and formulate and lead relevant action plans
- Strong written and oral communication as well as presentation skills