Standard / Permanent
- Design and develop scalable and flexible applications
- Enforce technical architecture standards
- Work closely with front office team to understand and define requirements, and provide business process automation consulting and solutions.
- Interface, as necessary, with other IT teams in the delivery of requirements.
- Proactively manage issues and risks, and independently drive projects forward.
- Design and implement application data model using Oracle, along with performance tuning and optimization configuration.
- 5+ years of experience developing flexible, scalable and robust applications, supporting the financial services sector.
- Understanding and knowledge of various financial products and their basic characteristics
- Understanding of risk figures (VaR, Greeks and Stresses…)
- Experience in design and development of scalable, distributed applications capable of supporting large amounts of data.
- Experience in the following technologies is required: Python, Django
- Knowledge of Java
- Knowledge of UNIX shell scripting
- Knowledge of scheduling tools
- Experience with MQ (or other Messaging, web-services)
- Project Delivery Skills
- Experience in Prime Brokerage is a plus
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills to work effectively with representatives of a diverse range of departments globally
- Ability to:
- Work both independently and with a team in a dynamic environment.
- Prioritize, organize own work and manage time effectively.
- Work within an environment with high pressure on timeliness and quality of deliveries
- Not Applicable
BNP Paribas is committed to providing a work environment that fosters diversity, inclusion, and equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, gender, age, creed, sex, religion, national origin, disability (physical or mental), marital status, citizenship, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, or any other legally protected status.