Assistant Vice President - MO Corporate Actions & Index Tracking Specialist
Standard / Permanent
- The management of operations in the booking systems,
- The follow-up of client billing and reporting,
- The reconciliation of positions between FO and booking systems,
- The calculation, explanation and analysis of the daily profits and losses including reconciliation with Financial accounting results,
- The management of the referential data,
- The management of relationships with Back-Office and Custodians,
- The management of Corporate Action events and advice to FO teams.
- Manage equity indices in firm's internal systems for trading.
- Create index simulations for trading when index providers announce corporate actions.
- Work with IT to develop index composition upload scripts to automate index constituents uploads into BNPP systems.
- Forecast trading impact due to corporate actions on constituents of BNPP licensed indices.
- Alert Front Office Trading and Middle Booking teams of all current and forecasted corporate actions.
- Liaise between front office and back office of voluntary corporate actions elections by front office.
- Coordinate meetings with front office and back office to explain details and impact of major/complex corporate actions.
- Maintain (update, reconcile, and ensure consistency) cash dividends in all BNPP booking systems.
- Manage projects designed to improve daily trading operations.
- Answer and fulfill all requests by clients (front office and middle office).
- Direct contribution to BNP Paribas operational permanent control framework.
Strong academic background required - undergraduate Degree in Finance
Graduate degree a plus
At least three years of relevant financial industry and product experience
Deep understanding of index methodology - simulating monthly/quarterly rebalances, corporate action reshuffles, dividend reinvestments, price adjustments.
Deep understanding of North and South American equity markets, particularly as related to corporate actions and dividends.
Strong interpersonal and communication skills
Strong Excel/PC skills with proven ability to work with multiple systems
A successful candidate will need to demonstrate strong desire to learn and grow in GECD Middle-Office.
Ability to work in a fast paced environment and an ability to consistently meet deadlines
Attention to detail and accuracy imperative
FINRA Registrations Required:
- Not Applicable