Assistant Vice President – Margin Analyst
Standard / Permanent
- Monitoring of day to day activity within customer hedge fund and firm affiliate margin accounts to ensure compliance with regulatory rules relating to the extension of credit.
- In depth knowledge and ability to apply practical interpretation of Federal Reserve Regulation T and FINRA rule 4210.
- Thorough understanding of US Portfolio Margin risk based rule set along with other ‘risk based’ hedge fund product such as, Arranged Finance, Enhanced Leverage, etc.
- Excellent understanding of Prime Broker business related to funding needs, re-hypothecation and Securities lending.
- Experience in working with Legal, Compliance and Risk in order to discuss firm margin policies.
- Managing referential data supporting margin calculations and client/position related exceptions.
- Knowledge of tri-party lending business and associated custodian reconciliations.
- Management of money market sweep products including daily settlement and reconciliations.
- Management of customer account transfers (ACAT).
- Experience with client DVP/RVP fail management as regulated under Regulation T 220.8 and SEC rule 15c3-3(m).
Review, validation, distribution and follow up to resolution of all regulatory and risk based margin calls for client and affiliate accounts.
Review/approve customer asset movement requests (cash wires and securities).
Resolve daily reconciliation break items effecting client positions and balances. Provide updates to business partners and bank custodians as effecting client margin calculations.
Manually recalculate Reg T SMA and house margin and provide business partners feedback as appropriate to support asset movement requests.
Assist with weekly 15c3-3 customer reserve computation,
Support daily money market sweep settlements and client redemption/purchase trading.
Support ACAT review of incoming/outgoing clients to ensure firm risk guidelines are adhered to.
Daily interaction with business and risk managers to evaluate client requests and portfolio risk associated with volatile markets.
Validate and be accountable that all tasks are completed according to departmental and regulatory guidelines.
- 4 - 8 Years specific to the extension of margin credit
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited university
- Thorough knowledge of financial markets and operations as it pertains to Prime Brokerage business
- In-depth knowledge of Federal Reserve Regulation T and FINRA rule 4210
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Critical thinking
- High level of customer service and communication skills (written and oral)
- Rigorous, good organizational skills and attention to detail
- Reactive to Client Demands
- Not Applicable