BNP Paribas Global Securities Operations – Job Description
Business Line : Asset And fund services
Team : Fund accounting-Nav
Designation : assistant manager
The bank for a changing world
With strong roots anchored in Europe’s banking history dating back to 1848, BNP Paribas supports its clients and employees in today’s changing world and has positioned itself as a leading bank in the Eurozone and a prominent international banking institution. The Group serves nearly 32 million individual customers and 1 million professionals, entrepreneurs, small and medium-sized enterprises and large corporate clients in its retail-banking networks. With over 189,000 employees representing 150 nationalities across 75 countries, BNP Paribas is one of the world’s largest banks, ranking highly in both Retail Banking Services and Corporate and Institutional Banking. The Group has had a presence in India for over 150 years having established its first branch in Kolkata, in 1860. With this unparalleled experience of the Indian market, it is among the leading corporate banks in the country.
A leading global custodian and securities services provider
BNP Paribas Securities Services, a wholly-owned subsidiary of the BNP Paribas Group, is a leading global custodian and securities services provider, backed by the strength of a universal banking group. Our mission is to protect and secure assets for all actors of the investment cycle: buy-side, sell-side and issuers. A part of the Corporate and Institutional Banking business of the Group, it has USD 8,770 billion assets under custody, USD 2,074 billion assets under administration and administers over 10,000 funds. BNP Paribas Securities Services has a unique multi-local model, servicing both the buy-side (the institutional investors and the fund managers) and sell-side (the broker-dealers community and the banks) providing a global coverage of over 100 markets through 9,500 employees worldwide across 34 countries.
About BNP Paribas in Asia Pacific (www.apac.bnpparibas)
In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 15,000 employees* and a presence in 14 markets, BNP Paribas provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships.
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 74 countries with more than 190,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. Asia Pacific is a key strategic region for BNP Paribas and it continues to develop its franchise in the region.
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career opportunity in an international, challenging business environment characterized by high pace and diversity with focus on creating valuable relations with our customers. We offer a competitive salary & benefits package and also an excellent work environment where you're valued as part of our team!
Global Securities Operations
One of the three international operations centres, BNP Paribas Global Securities Operations (GSO) provides services to global clients in the Asian region and some “follow-the-sun” activities for European clients. Wholly owned by BNP Paribas Securities Services, the GSO centre offers a wide range of services which include custody operations, fund accounting, middle-office operations, static data management, clearing and settlement operations and other transversal services.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Ensure NAV calculations are produced accurately and in a timely manner
- Ensure that, client issues/concerns are addressed and resolved with in the agreed timelines.
- Ensure all the transactions are processed and approved within the timelines.
- Ensure high level of communication network is established will all the departments within the Business group.
- Ensure all the documentation is in place w.r.t Risk mitigation and Control.
- Prioritize the work and conduct investigation with due diligence on all the discrepancies.
- Manage staff to take corrective measures/actions.
- Ensure procedures are in place to effectively deal with exceptions and that they are reviewed, researched, documented and resolved in a timely manner.
- Ensure all the necessary training is been provided to the team members to perform the relevant tasks.
- Defining the Key Performance Indicators for the process and achieving the same on a regular basis.
- Consistently evaluate and update documented procedures to ensure they are complete, accurate and current.
- Preparation of Key/Standard Operating Procedures for each process migrated to Chennai Hub.
- Ensure all the KOP/SOP are got approved and signed between the locations
- Collating the data from all the applications and providing valuable inputs to Senior Management.
Knowledge and skills required
- High profile position to help manage a new team/existing team producing and controlling NAVs for International funds.
- 2-3 years of experience in managing/supervising teams preferably Fund Accounting teams.
- He / She will be expected to build the team, get them trained and run the team on a day to day basis
- Prior NAV calculation experience is essential, including strong knowledge of different product types
- Have an in depth knowledge of markets and products, respect & adhere the applicable procedures for each market.
Educational qualification : Graduation / Post Graduation with specialization in Commerce or Finance.
Total years of experience : 6-8 years
Relevant years of experience : Minimum of 4-5 years
Number of staff supervised : Minimum of 8-10 members