About BNP Paribas:
BNP Paribas is a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. It has a presence in 74 countries, with more than 192,000 employees, including more than 146,000 in Europe. The Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. The Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporates and institutional clients) to realise their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance. In Europe, the Group has four domestic markets (Belgium, France, Italy and Luxembourg) and BNP Paribas Personal Finance is the leader in consumer lending. BNP Paribas is rolling out its integrated retail-banking model in Mediterranean countries, in Turkey, in Eastern Europe and a large network in the western part of the United States. In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas also enjoys top positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas as well as a solid and fast-growing business in Asia-Pacific.
The corporate action team is in charge of informing clients of any corporate event that will impact their securities positions either on US or international assets. The team is in charge of event set up and processing.
Team members are working closely with our data feed vendor and with others internal groups such as Account Management, Tax and IT Support to deliver a high quality service to our clients.
- Process the Corporate Action operations :
- Event capture, event set-up, and client notification
- Client instruction and depositary/sub-custodian instruction processing
- Security and cash payment processing
- Pre- and post-payment reconciliation and break resolution
- Market/counterparty claim processing
- Act as a subject matter expert on Corporate Action processing
- Perform expected responsibilities within appropriate client service level agreement (SLA)
- Participate in the update of the operational procedures. Ensure their enforcement at all time.
- Answer Clients queries in cooperation with Account Management team
- Resolve BAU issues with other areas of the Group
- Apply critical controls as defined in the group check list
- Answer audit and compliance requests
- Liaise with service providers as needed
- Initiate and drive initiatives/system updates to improve Corporate Action processing capability and efficiency
Minimum required qualifications
FINRA Registrations Required: no
BNP Paribas is committed to providing a work environment that fosters diversity, inclusion, and equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, gender, age, creed, sex, religion, national origin, disability (physical or mental), marital status, citizenship, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, or any other legally protected status.