Analyst, Application Production Support (Axiom)
Standard / Permanent
About BNP Paribas
BNP Paribas has a presence in 75 countries with more than 180,000 employees, including 140,000 in Europe. It ranks highly in its two core activities: Retail Banking & Services (comprised of Domestic Markets and International Financial Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking. In Europe, the Group has four domestic markets (Belgium, France, Italy and Luxembourg) and BNP Paribas Personal Finance is the leader in consumer lending. BNP Paribas is rolling out its integrated retail banking model across Mediterranean basin countries, in Turkey, in Eastern Europe and a large network in the western part of the United States. In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas also enjoys top positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas and solid and fast-growing businesses in Asia-Pacific.
Directly under the supervision of the APS team manager
MISSION AND OBJECTIVES
Enforce the daily user and application support around Database and ETL processes
- Understanding all the database components, and their dependencies and integration processes (mainly Oracle databases and MS SQL Server to a lesser extent).
- Responsible for Axiom application support
- Responsible for general database support, including the daily system health check, batch process monitoring and issue fixing, and software maintenance along with IT Infrastructure resources.
- Supporting new components developed by the Application Development teams, including but not limited to proposing solutions during the design and development phases, ensuring the quality of these components by performing code review and performance checking before production deployment, performing the installation in production environment, and trouble-shooting and correct bugs/issues (along with the developers and IT Infrastructure resources as needed).
- Supporting business users, functional teams and technical data consumer users, such as providing database information, training users, helping the data search and mining needs, and troubleshooting database related issues for consumer applications.
- Following strictly the company’s rules and procedures to track issues diligently and make changes in production environment properly
- Creating and maintaining knowledge base for the team, including general system architecture, application production supporting document, good practice, and coding standard and conventions.
TRAINING AND OCCUPATIONAL EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor degree in computer science or related fields
- At least 3 years successful development with support work experience in database and ETL area.
ESSENTIAL SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS
- Quick learner and self-motivated.
- A very good team player and be able to work independently.
- Good technical documentation skill and communication skill
- Strong problem solving skills and be able to think out of the box.
- Good time management skill and work well in the situation with high pressure or tight schedule.
- Be able to work off-hours occasionally.
SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS
- Excellent knowledge & practice on Oracle SQL and PL/SQL. Must be strong in database procedures maintenance
- ETL Experience (Informatica preferred)
- Familiar with CA AutoSys configuration and troubleshooting process
- UNIX scripting knowledge
- Understanding Waterfall development lifecycle and CMMi methodology
- Axiom application knowledge is a plus
- Financial / Banking industry experience is a plus