Standard / Permanent
BNP Paribas Personal Finance is committed to creating responsible consumer finance solutions that customers trust and help our partners grow. With the backing of a global bank we’ve exciting growth ambitions to double the size of the business by 2020 you’ll be joining a dynamic business which provides people with opportunities to make it happen in a high energy environment.
The Account Manager is a fantastic hybrid role that has both the accountability and the authority to make things happen on the programme. Combining partnership management, KPI responsibility, product management and product delivery, The Account Manager performs an essential role within Asda Programme and Consumer Finance department, acting as the link between BNP Paribas Personal Finance and Asda for all activities,
The Account Manager is responsible for the management and development of relationships within both Asda and BNP PF to ensure delivery of the programme objectives.
Specific emphasis will be placed upon:
- Development of long term relationships through regular stakeholder contact and business visits
- Targeted incremental sales for Asda – through cashback as hero
- Targeted sales and balances and financial return
- Targeted customer account volumes – new production and retention
- Credit Product Mix
- Mitigation of Retailer Risk
- Adherence to Governance and Compliance Requirements as directed by the business
- Turning proposition requirements into business requirements and projects for both businesses
- Own the delivery of these projects, managing both businesses
- Own and deliver all necessary governance completion – structure of governance forums; documentation; all organisation and follow-ups
- Responsible for the product mechanics and metrics on performance of P&L
- Work closely with Sales Unit to achieve smooth hand over of new accounts.
- Identification and resolution of potential inhibitors to successful implementation of Partnership Management Strategy.
- Work with key stakeholders in Operations, Risk, Marketing, IT Systems, Projects and Finance to identify and develop new opportunities and improved ways of working.
- Complete ownership and accountability for the operation of the contract – full control of all contractual obligations across the businesses
- Deal with any queries/issues/incidents relating to the partnership as the programme’s nominated representative (into both businesses) that minimises customer impact and programme metrics
- Commercial understanding of products and pricing mechanics – sufficient to hold a first line conversation with key stakeholders
- Understanding of marketing channels, costs and plans – sufficient to have the first line conversation with key stakeholders to “filter” for benefit
- Provision of Management Information
- Ownership and delivery of all necessary governance – structure of forums; documentation; all organisation and follow-ups
- Have awareness for existing relevant regulatory and legal requirements and liaise with relevant departments to resolve any challenges to success
- Use initiative, enthusiasm and drive to champion the cause of the Partnership Management Strategy at all times.
- Knowledge of key business dynamics of a finance company and the markets within which BNP Paribas Personal Finance operates
- Ability to demonstrate development of solutions to cater for specific client requirements
- Ability to demonstrate a proven track record in the management and development of client relationships
- Ability to interpret financial accounts and statistical information
- Willing and able to challenge the ‘status quo’
- Competent IT skills – MS Excel, Word and Powerpoint
- Target and results driven
- Commercial awareness
- Strong interpersonal skills