Service Banker I
United States-California-Santa Ana
What sets Bank of the West apart from other banks is our team members–they embody the optimistic spirit of the West. There is a spirit here that drives us to do more. Our team of more than 10,000 employees is vital to the success of our Bank. They reflect our modern western values—straightforward, entrepreneurial and optimistic. We seek to create a corporate culture that fosters and rewards excellence, encourages creative thinking and respects diversity – an environment where team members are engaged, supportive of one another and enthusiastic about serving our customers. Bank of the West offers the stability of a company that has a 135 year history and is part of BNP Paribas, a European leader in global banking and financial services and one of the 6 strongest banks in the world. We offer opportunities across our diverse business lines – Retail Banking, Commercial Banking, National Finance, Wealth Management.
The Service Banker is the customer’s first "point-of-contact" with the Bank and provides high quality customer service by processing customer service transactions efficiently and accurately. This role is also responsible for uncovering cross-selling opportunities of bank products and referring customers to appropriate sales partners.
· Provides superior customer service by processing customer transactions accurately. This includes deposits, transfers, withdrawals, and other transactions in accordance to bank policies, procedures and regulatory requirements.
· Identifies sales and cross selling opportunities and makes qualified referrals to specialist sales partners.
· Achieves assigned quarterly sales and service goals.
· Performs outbound calls for service/sales follow up in support of team goals.
· The Service Banker performs routine office and administrative duties as well as maintains operational quality and standards.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
- Minimum six months of sales, teller and/or cash handling experience, preferably within a retail environment
- Ability to engage customers and handle transactions in a professional manner
- Customer service focused, ability to take initiative and results driven
- Knowledge of Bank deposit, credit products and regulatory requirements preferred
- Required: High School Diploma or GED
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
The regulations implementing the S.A.F.E. Act statute require that individual mortgage loan originators be registered with the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System and Registry.
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.