Job Description Summary
Individual contributor providing organizational support to Relationship Managers and Wealth Financial Advisors in the WMG Markets, including; Administrative duties; Client Relationship building; Recognizing and capitalizing on cross-sell opportunities; and participating in building and implementing the WMG vision and mission. Works to deliver day-to-day objectives with significant impact on achievement of results for the job area. Work consists of tasks that are not typically routine. Works independently under limited supervision. May be required to apply discretion within broad operational boundaries and procedures.
Essential Job Functions
- Provides assistance in the day-to-day processing of client paperwork and transaction processing. This includes checking paperwork for completeness and accuracy and opening client accounts.
- Maintains and assists with Relationship Managers and Financial Advisors schedules by setting up, confirming and reviewing appointments for current and potential clients. Prepares for client meetings ensuring that prospectuses and marketing materials are up to date. Performs Pre-Call planning such as Signature Card update, Account Review and Client Opportunity.
- Runs reports to help Relationship Managers and Financial Advisors understand sales opportunities. May balance fluctuation report, Manage referrals – RBG & CBG, Input in CRM, Appian and or other systems.
- Performs mailings or mail merges for sales campaigns to include Invites / WFA & RM Transition Letters and other items.
- Identifies opportunities for cross-sell on specific products: online banking, debit cards, etc. Provides online banking set-up assistance to clients
- Receives and screens telephone calls, mail and visitors. Routes callers, takes messages and answers client questions of a general nature. May act as point of contact for client.
- Receives wire requests and transfers to Operations Associate; Receives ILOC/HELOC advance or pay down requests; Performs internal transfers via TouchPoint Sales Service (TPSS)
- May perform notary services as needed.
- Prepares presentations and delivers information to Business Partners and others.
- Performs various activities that lead to Market Sales Success.
- Identifies opportunities and inputs to CRM; Reviews Access to comp view for input each month
- Actively assists advisor or relationship manager in client prospecting.
- Performs duties as needed to assist advisor or relationship manager.
- May be responsible for office opening/closing, tidy up wealth center, set up/clean up for client meetings.
- May educate new employees on systems/technology, process/procedures/compliance matters/updates and may manage office disclosures and marketing materials.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Requires basic job knowledge of systems and procedures obtained through prior work experience or education.
- Typically requires a minimum of 3 years, preferred 5 years of prior relevant experience with good working knowledge of the wealth management business and BOTW’s products and services.
- High School Diploma or GED Required
- 2 - 3 yrs Typically requires minimum of 3 years of experience. May require vocational or technical education in addition to prior work experience.
- Demonstrated ability to use MS Office Suite Products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) for completing daily work; Strong knowledge of Appian / TouchPoint / Host and other computer systems.
- Good communication skills both oral and written.
- Requires critical thinking and analytical skills.
- Ability to work well with all people across all levels within and outside of the organization; Good customer service skills.
- Able to work in a fast paced environment while meeting tight deadlines for completion of work.
- Knowledge and ability to spot red flags in processing transactions, demonstrated working knowledge of Customer Due Diligence (CDD) and know your client (KYC) programs and policies.
- Complete knowledge of the products, policies and processes related to unit assigned
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.