What sets Bank of the West apart from other banks is our team members–they embody the optimistic spirit of the West. There is a spirit here that drives us to do more. Our team of more than 10,000 employees is vital to the success of our Bank. They reflect our modern western values—straightforward, entrepreneurial and optimistic. We seek to create a corporate culture that fosters and rewards excellence, encourages creative thinking and respects diversity – an environment where team members are engaged, supportive of one another and enthusiastic about serving our customers. Bank of the West offers the stability of a company that has a 135 year history and is part of BNP Paribas, a European leader in global banking and financial services and one of the 6 strongest banks in the world. We offer opportunities across our diverse business lines – Retail Banking, Commercial Banking, National Finance, and Wealth Management.
The Fiduciary Associate role supports a team of Fiduciary Specialists who are responsible for approximately 300 trust relationships and $400MM in assets. Central to success will be demonstration of strong client service skills and development of strong working relationships with both Fiduciary team members, as well as, other Wealth Management Group team members. Responsible for primarily performing specialized, moderately complex and diverse trust administrative support duties and secondarily, more general support duties. Requires good working knowledge of practices, policies, programs, and business. Assignments include initiation of, or participation in, various projects, including researching information, providing analysis, and compiling data to convey relevant information.
- Provides assistance in the day-to-day trust administration of the -Global Investments and Fiduciary Solutions team, and follows up on pending matters.
- Inputs and retrieves data utilizing knowledge of various computer software packages. Prepares correspondence, reports, memoranda, special projects, technical papers, and related materials for team staff. Formats documents and determines page layout and selection of different fonts.
- Initiates and researches information, compiles statistics, gathers, analyzes, and summarizes data for projects or complex trends and status reports and studies.
- Receives and screens telephone calls, mail, and visitors. Routes callers, takes messages, and answers questions relating to the Global Investments and Fiduciary Solutions team’s function. May interact with Company clients to schedule appointments, answer questions, and resolve moderately complex issues. May act as information source for the team and clients.
- Composes letters and memoranda from verbal direction or knowledge of Company's policies and procedures.
- Schedules and coordinates meetings and facilities which may include travel and lodging arrangements.
- Orders office supplies. Prepares and processes unit purchase requisitions and vendor invoices.
- Organizes and maintains files, correspondence, records, and other documents.
- Performs special assignments and project work as needed.
- May take minutes of staff meetings.
- Performs other duties as assigned
Required Education or Equivalent Experience
· Associate’s Degree required
· Five or more years experience
Field of Experience
· Thorough knowledge of general office procedures with demonstrated advanced administrative and secretarial skills
· Thorough knowledge and understanding of the banking industry and the policies and practices of the Company
· Advanced personal computer skills necessary to format reports, presentations, spreadsheets, graphics, et cetera
· Demonstrated ability to work on own initiative with little direction, to identify issues requiring attention, and to initiate and manage complex projects