What sets Bank of the West apart from other banks is our team members-they embody the optimistic spirit of the West. There is a spirit here that drives us to do more. Our team of more than 10,000 employees is vital to the success of our Bank. They reflect our modern western values-straightforward, entrepreneurial and optimistic. We seek to create a corporate culture that fosters and rewards excellence, encourages creative thinking and respects diversity - an environment where team members are engaged, supportive of one another and enthusiastic about serving our customers. Bank of the West offers the stability of a company that has a 135 year history and is part of BNP Paribas, a European leader in global banking and financial services and one of the 6 strongest banks in the world. We offer opportunities across our diverse business lines - Consumer Banking, Commercial Banking, and Wealth Management.
Responsible for representing Bank of the West Wealth Management Division in its fiduciary capacity as Trustee, Executor or Agent under various forms of agreement. Has responsibility for proactive client service, account growth, client retention, risk management, and overall administration of assigned personal trust and agency accounts. Assigned accounts are generally of a varied mix and of a complex nature.
- Administers assigned accounts in accordance with the terms specified in the trust instrument.
- Maintains current and thorough knowledge of law, rules, regulations, and Bank as well as, WMG policies and procedures applicable to the Bank’s fiduciary businesses in order to minimize risk to the Bank.
- Maintains proactive client servicing and communication relative to administration of trust and agency accounts.
- Consults with clients on financial and estate planning goals and objectives.
- Recommends appropriate courses of action on non-routine fiduciary matters to senior management and/ or applicable governing Committees.
- Participates in development of relationships and new business from existing or prospective customers and cross-selling opportunities within WMG and the Bank.
- Participates in local community and business functions/ groups to ensure a positive image for the Bank (e.g. Bar Associations, Regional Estate or other wealth and fiduciary related groups)
Required Education or Equivalent Experience
· Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience required
· CFP, CTFA or JD preferred
· Five to seven years of directly related experience
Field of Experience
· Complete knowledge of estates, trusts, agency accounts, and guardianships including legal, regulatory, financial and tax issues.
Understanding of financial planning concepts, including trust/estate planning, tax planning, investments, and insurance
Understanding of fiduciary risks and complex fiduciary issues
· Analytical and research
· Bank product and service knowledge
· Negotiation skills
· Presentation skills
· Strong written and verbal communication
· Use of personal computer, familiarity with relevant industry technology
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.