IT Systems Analyst, Senior
What sets Bank of the West apart from other banks is our team members-they embody the optimistic spirit of the West. There is a spirit here that drives us to do more. Our team of more than 10,000 employees is vital to the success of our Bank. They reflect our modern western values-straightforward, entrepreneurial and optimistic. We seek to create a corporate culture that fosters and rewards excellence, encourages creative thinking and respects diversity - an environment where team members are engaged, supportive of one another and enthusiastic about serving our customers. Bank of the West offers the stability of a company that has a 135 year history and is part of BNP Paribas, a European leader in global banking and financial services and one of the 6 strongest banks in the world. We offer opportunities across our diverse business lines - Retail Banking, Commercial Banking, National Finance, and Wealth Management.
Responsible for providing functional parameters for technical direction in the development and support of business systems applications, specifications and procedures.
- Documents system parameters and formats, ensures hardware and software systems compatibility and coordinates and/or modifies system parameters in terms of existing and projected computer capacity and capabilities.
- Formulates and defines medium to large project/system scope and objectives, develops detailed systems specifications from which programs will be written and that fit with the Bank's system architecture standards.
- Evaluates existing systems and procedures to identify deficiencies and maintain more effective data handling, conversion, input/output requirements, and storage. Analyzes, develops and revises existing system logic difficulties and documentation as necessary and works on all phases of applications systems analysis activities.
- Works with IT Application Engineer through coding and implementation to ensure product matches envisioned result.
- Conducts feasibility studies, including fiscal evaluations of proposed and existing systems, and recommends new or enhanced applications software to meet business needs.
- Assists in developing test plans, test conditions and scripts using moderate to complex concepts of business knowledge.
- Provides moderate to complex analytical assistance to staff including interpretation of requirements. Participates in developing detailed requirements with business partners and assists in the system definition. Develops functional requirements.
- Tracks and reviews vendor deliverables and coordinates vendor activities as needed which may include integration of vendor tasks and contractual commitments.
- Develops business proposals for software solutions to meet client needs. Evaluates and recommends various technical solutions to meet requirements.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Education or Equivalent Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Five to eight years of related IT experience
- Very good knowledge of business systems architecture
- Very good knowledge of programming, documentation and interface requirements
- Very good knowledge of systems hardware, software, and system administration
- Very good knowledge of financial Banking systems
- Very good knowledge of applications development methodologies
- Analytical and research skills
- Negotiation skills
- Problem solving
- Project and time management skills
- Team building
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Leads project teams (varied levels) across units on a project basis
- Sedentary Work: lifting a maximum of 30 pounds, frequent standing/walking
Field of Experience