IT Systems Analyst II
United States-California-San Ramon
What sets Bank of the West apart from other banks is our team members-they embody the optimistic spirit of the West. There is a spirit here that drives us to do more. Our team of more than 10,000 employees is vital to the success of our Bank. They reflect our modern western values-straightforward, entrepreneurial and optimistic. We seek to create a corporate culture that fosters and rewards excellence, encourages creative thinking and respects diversity - an environment where team members are engaged, supportive of one another and enthusiastic about serving our customers. Bank of the West offers the stability of a company that has a 135 year history and is part of BNP Paribas, a European leader in global banking and financial services and one of the 6 strongest banks in the world. We offer opportunities across our diverse business lines - Retail Banking, Commercial Banking, and Wealth Management.
Responsible for providing functional parameters for technical direction in the development and support of business systems applications, specifications and procedures.
- Documents system parameters and formats, ensures hardware and software systems compatibility and coordinates and/or modifies system parameters in terms of existing and projected computer capacity and capabilities.
- Formulates and defines small to medium project/system scope and objectives, develops detailed systems specifications from which programs will be written and that fit with the Bank's system architecture standards.
- Evaluates existing systems and procedures to identify deficiencies and maintain more effective data handling, conversion, input/output requirements, and storage. Assists with analyzing, developing and revising existing system logic difficulties and documentation as necessary and works on all phases of applications systems analysis activities.
- Works with IT Application Engineer through coding and implementation to ensure product matches envisioned result.
- Assists in conducting feasibility studies, including assisting with fiscal evaluations of proposed and existing systems, and participates in recommending new or enhanced applications software to meet business needs.
- Assists in developing test plans, test conditions and scripts using basic to moderate concepts of business knowledge.
- Provides basic to moderate analytical assistance to staff including interpretation of requirements. Participates in developing detailed requirements with business partners and assists in the system definition. Develops functional requirements.
- Tracks and reviews vendor deliverables and coordinates vendor activities as needed which may include integration of vendor tasks and contractual commitments.
- Assists in development of business proposals for software solutions to meet client needs. Coordinates activities to evaluate and recommend various technical solutions to meet requirements.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Education or Equivalent Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Two to four years of experience in systems analysis and programming of business applications including one year in the analysis or design of large-scale computer systems and databases.
Work with BSA/AML Compliance IT Solutions Delivery to:
- Assist in the development of, and migration to, new platforms
- Examine existing business models and flows of data, discuss findings, and evaluate system specifications for business requirements
- Control solution by establshing specifications; cordinating production with programmers
- Provide references by writing solid documentation
- Good knowledge of business systems architecture
- Good knowledge of programming, documentation and interface requirements
- Good knowledge of systems hardware, software, and system administration
- Good knowledge of financial Banking systems
- Good knowledge of applications development methodologies
- Analytical and research skills
- Negotiation skills
- Problem solving
- Project and time management skills
- Team building
- Verbal and written communication skills
- No supervisory responsibility
- Sedentary Work: lifting a maximum of 30 pounds, frequent standing/walking
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.