IT Solutions Delivery Manager - iClose Platform
United States-California-San Ramon
What sets Bank of the West apart from other banks is our team members–they embody the optimistic spirit of the West. There is a spirit here that drives us to do more. Our team of more than 10,000 employees is vital to the success of our Bank. They reflect our modern western values-straightforward, entrepreneurial and optimistic. We seek to create a corporate culture that fosters and rewards excellence, encourages creative thinking and respects diversity – an environment where team members are engaged, supportive of one another and enthusiastic about serving our customers. Bank of the West offers the stability of a company that has a 135 year history and is part of BNP Paribas, a European leader in global banking and financial services and one of the 6 strongest banks in the world. We offer opportunities across our diverse business lines – Retail Banking, Commercial Banking, and Wealth Management.
This position is responsible for leading the technical delivery and long-term support of the iClose Platform. iClose is a multi-year project to implement a Commercial Loan Origination Platform for the Enterprise based on the Linedata CapitalStream 10.0 product.
- Responsible for leading the technical design, build and delivery phases of the project and also setting up a long-term support model for the Enterprise.
- Responsible for putting together the right team for the technical analysis, development and deployment of the product through a mix of external hiring, vendor professional services and consultants. The development work includes the delivery of all the workflows, screens and internal / external system integrations.
- This position will lead the Solution Delivery team and act as a key business partner for the stakeholders of the platform across the Commercial and Regional Banking Groups and Enterprise Risk.
Main Areas of Responsibility Platform Specific Responsibilities:
- Technical resource planning for the design, build, deployment and long-term support phases.
- Recruiting the right team for the technical analysis and the development work of the workflows, screens and system integrations through a mix of external hiring, vendor professional services and consultants.
- Leading the technical design, build and delivery phases of the project.
- Setting up a long-term support model for the Enterprise and the Business Units, including the on-going change management.
- Directing the execution of the technology solutions that delivers the client value set out in the iClose Business Case and delivers a lasting business impact.
- Executing the Data Migration Strategy and providing Regulatory / Audit related reporting solutions.
- Decommissioning of the legacy platform and migrating business users onto the new platform.
General Solution Delivery Lead Responsibilities
- Anticipates and collaborates in proposing technology capabilities in support of business strategy and the creation of supporting technology strategy.
- Ensures that development is highly strategic and focuses on maintaining the reliability and functionality essential to internal/external constituents.
- Counsels on design and architecture, development, project management and overall life cycle and implementation activities of applications and services for lines of business or cross business use.
- Creates transparency into the project portfolio an ongoing production support capital and operating expenses and budgets. Reports on key technology success metrics.
- Adopts and executes standards as established through business and enterprise architecture.
- Drives delivery of technology initiatives through combination of the implementation of external software products and internal services integration and/or development. .
- Directs and coordinates the delivery of projects from idea to implementation.
- Proactively leads the team of engineers and vendors to deliver high quality products with minimal defects.
- Partners with the enterprise program office to contribute best practices and transform the organizations software development capabilities.
- Partners with our business units, understand the strategy and driver for our products and make sure that our solutions meet the requirements.
- Ensures projects are realistic, interesting, and fun for everyone involved.
- Ideally Master’s, minimum Bachelor’s Degree in business, information systems or a related field required
- Certification such as PMP or Banking related certification(s) - Professional
- 10+ years in software development
- Minimum of 10 years of proven IT leadership and business experience in the financial services industry
- Subject Matter Expert in Actimize AML and Case Management Platform (CTR, SAM, and ERCM)
- Good understanding of Enterprise Data Warehouse and data integration between source systems and EDW environment
- Design and develop all aspects of applications framework's/module's functionality
- Code review and check-in's (both front end and back end designs)
- up to date on and expert in the core stack of technologies
- Java 1.8 Spring Platform v4 (xd, springboot, data rest, jpa, integration testing a least)
- Apache Kafka, Storm, Avro for stream processing and transformations
- Experience in distributed application design (lambda architecture) including prior practical experience wit apache kafka, storm
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills
- Problem solving and priority management skills
- Ability to make well informed business decisions while working independently and in group settings.
- Proven track record of managing large enterprise software development / deployment projects
- Technology delivery expertise in the Banking / Financial industry is required, experience with delivering Loan Origination platforms is ideal
- Extensive software integration experience of both internal and vendor products using up-to-date technologies like Web Services and Enterprise Service Bus
- Ability to engage and articulate across all levels of the Bank, including business goals and connecting them to technology capabilities to be delivered
- Ability to lead / manage the delivery of a projects supporting business goals and strategy
- Demonstrated ability to engage with 3rd party vendors and select and integrate major vendor software
- Adopts and executes technical standards, process and governance across a broad project portfolio
- Extensive experience with formal SDLC methodologies such as RUP, Agile
- Ability to think on your feet, present multiple solution options, and drive reliable technical solutions
- Leads medium to large teams and projects of major scope and complexity.
- Sedentary Work: lifting up to 10lbs, occasional standing/walking.
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.