United States-Colorado-Greenwood Village
Small / Mid Business
What sets Bank of the West apart from other banks is our team members–they embody the optimistic spirit of the West. There is a spirit here that drives us to do more. Our team of more than 10,000 employees is vital to the success of our Bank. They reflect our modern western values—straightforward, entrepreneurial and optimistic. We seek to create a corporate culture that fosters and rewards excellence, encourages creative thinking and respects diversity – an environment where team members are engaged, supportive of one another and enthusiastic about serving our customers. Bank of the West offers the stability of a company that has a 135 year history and is part of BNP Paribas, a European leader in global banking and financial services and one of the 6 strongest banks in the world. We offer opportunities across our diverse business lines – Retail Banking, Commercial Banking, National Finance, and Wealth Management.
Job Description Summary
Responsible for making credit worthy decisions on complex commercial transactions to determine acceptability of risk in accordance with the company guidelines and standards. Advanced expertise on commercial loans
Essential Job Functions
- Evaluates all financial statements (business and personal tax returns, fiscal year-end and interim statements and personal financial statements) for credit worthiness. Identifies recurring and non-recurring income/expenses. Comprehend all schedules, notes, and K-1's. Differentiates between cash and accrual method as well as comprehend UCA cash flow analysis. Consolidates related entities and summarizes results.
- Identifies credit strengths, weaknesses, industry risks, and anomalies that lead to further investigation. Determines or amends applicable loan agreement covenant and monitoring requirements.
- Collaborates with Relationship Managers on reasoning for a particular decision, answering potential loan request questions, identifying/resolving potential problem loans.
- Prepares a comprehensive credit summary in conjunction with the Relationship Managers and Credit Manager to address all material aspect of the request.
- Supports management of the Relationship Manager portfolio by addressing covenant violations, completing annual review/renewals, and identifying opportunities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in - Required
- 7 years of experience
- Expert knowledge of information and data processing systems.
- Expert in evaluating business and credit report
- Expert knowledge of Bank of the West Policy and Procedures
- Expert understanding of various regulatory/compliance policy and procedure including but not limited to Fair Lending, OFAC, Flood, Regulation O, highly leveraged transactions, etc.
- Meet and/or exceed our Service Level Agreement commitment
- Proficiency in MS Office and other system applications
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills