Job Description Summary
Responsible for making credit worthy decisions on complex commercial transactions to determine acceptability of risk in accordance with the company guidelines and standards. Advanced expertise on commercial loans
Essential Job Functions
- Evaluates all financial statements (business and personal tax returns, fiscal year-end and interim statements and personal financial statements) for credit worthiness. Identifies recurring and non-recurring income/expenses. Comprehend all schedules, notes, and K-1's. Differentiates between cash and accrual method as well as comprehend UCA cash flow analysis. Consolidates related entities and summarizes results.
- Identifies credit strengths, weaknesses, industry risks, and anomalies that lead to further investigation. Determines or amends applicable loan agreement covenant and monitoring requirements.
- Collaborates with Relationship Managers on reasoning for a particular decision, answering potential loan request questions, identifying/resolving potential problem loans.
- Prepares a comprehensive credit summary in conjunction with the Relationship Managers and Credit Manager to address all material aspect of the request.
- Supports management of the Relationship Manager portfolio by addressing covenant violations, completing annual review/renewals, and identifying opportunities.
strong background and understanding of Commercial Construction Finance
Other Job Duties
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Requires deep knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience.
- Typically viewed as a specialist within discipline.
- May have broad knowledge of project management.
- Requires 7 years minimum prior relevant experience.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Expert knowledge of information and data processing systems.
- Expert in evaluating business and credit reports.
- Expert knowledge of Bank of the West Policy and Procedures.
- Expert understanding of various regulatory/compliance policy and procedure including but not limited to Fair Lending, OFAC, Flood, Regulation O, highly leveraged transactions, etc.
- Meet and/or exceed our Service Level Agreement commitment.
- Proficiency in MS Office and other system applications.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Strong background and understanding of Commercial Construction Finance
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.