United States-California-San Francisco
What sets Bank of the West apart from other banks is our team members–they embody the optimistic spirit of the West. There is a spirit here that drives us to do more. Our team of more than 10,000 employees is vital to the success of our Bank. They reflect our modern western values—straightforward, entrepreneurial and optimistic. We seek to create a corporate culture that fosters and rewards excellence, encourages creative thinking and respects diversity – an environment where team members are engaged, supportive of one another and enthusiastic about serving our customers. Bank of the West offers the stability of a company that has a 135 year history and is part of BNP Paribas, a European leader in global banking and financial services and one of the 6 strongest banks in the world. We offer opportunities across our diverse business lines – Retail Banking, Commercial Banking, National Finance, and Wealth Management.
The Digital Servicing team is looking for a Senior Product Manager to lead new mobile and online banking business initiatives that will make it easier for customers to service their accounts and manage their money effectively. This role will lead an integrated team of product, design, risk, compliance, security, vendor, legal, contact center and tech resources focused on optimizing and expanding digital servicing capabilities. The ideal candidate will have a strong technical and business aptitude, experience in mobile and online banking and the product vision to deliver online business solutions that simplify experiences for customers and internal clients.
This position requires a collaborative leader who can translate business needs into an exceptional customer‐focused online solution. We are seeking a dedicated, disciplined professional who excels in a collaborative team environment. This individual must be able to effectively communicate and influence partners across the company and across multiple levels of the organization. Strong analytical skills, attention to detail, and the ability to lead are essential to succeeding in this role. This individual must display strong leadership skills and be able to drive and motivate a team in delivering best digital experience for our customers.
· Join a team of passionate product managers to define and implement business requirements for
· new mobile and online initiatives
· Identify new business opportunities, develop a roadmap and lead a team to successfully implement it
· Work closely with other Product line owners, marketing, sales, support, customers, partners, vendors and engineering teams to define and develop detailed product/ business feature requirements
· Ensure product features are well understood and implemented as requested
· Evaluate existing and new product opportunities and bring forward proposals for products to optimize and expand digital sales
· Actively prioritize product backlog and participate in release planning activities
· Establish KPIs and work with our data analytics team to track business results
· Operate independently given direction, and bring ideas and solutions to issues raised
· Utilize strong analytical ability to evaluate end‐to‐end customer experience across multiple channels and customer touch points
· Regularly review and re‐evaluate competitive landscape comparing features, pricing, design and overall competitiveness
· Maximize user experience and increase conversion through data‐driven analysis based on Web Analytics and business intelligence tools
· Continuously improve our consumer’s online account opening experience
· Proactively participate with lines of businesses to ideate, plan and execute
- Bachelor's Degree
- 7 years of experience
· Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent
· Subject matter expertise in online and mobile platforms
· Experience working in a heavily matrixed organization
· Demonstrated track record of effectively building partnerships and managing and resolving challenges and conflicts
· Experience collaborating with teams of product managers, vendors, compliance, security, fraud and technical resources
· An ability to work in fast‐paced environment and be resourceful in achieving success in the face of ambiguity while prioritizing and managing multiple responsibilities
· Deep understanding of digital environments and ability to provide strong, persuasive, data‐driven arguments
· Skillful in partnership‐building, negotiating and communicating with the ability to artfully influence, persuade and drive action
· Demonstrated problem‐solving skills
· Demonstrated ability to lead multiple activities and assignments simultaneously
· Experience working closely with leaders from the Marketing, User Experience, Risk, Security, Compliance, Customer Service and Information Technology functions
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.