What sets Bank of the West apart from other banks is our team members–they embody the optimistic spirit of the West. There is a spirit here that drives us to do more. Our team of more than 10,000 employees is vital to the success of our Bank. They reflect our modern western values—straightforward, entrepreneurial and optimistic. We seek to create a corporate culture that fosters and rewards excellence, encourages creative thinking and respects diversity – an environment where team members are engaged, supportive of one another and enthusiastic about serving our customers. Bank of the West offers the stability of a company that has a 135 year history and is part of BNP Paribas, a European leader in global banking and financial services and one of the 6 strongest banks in the world. We offer opportunities across our diverse business lines – Retail Banking, Commercial Banking, National Finance, and Wealth Management.
At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader
supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.Job Description Summary
Responsible for contributing to unit's growth and profitability with extensive focus on credit portfolio management, business development and customer cross sell activities for the relationship team. Manages a portfolio of commercial banking relationships. Develops and retains business relationships by meeting the financial services needs of middle market commercial businesses. Develops loans, depository accounts and other fee generating services. May focus on specific market and/or industry.Essential Job Functions
Other Job Duties
- Supports unit’s growth and profitability through effective credit portfolio management, business development and cross sell activities.
- Manages a portfolio of commercial banking relationships providing consultative advice and products and services to meet customer’s needs and enhance and expand banking relationships.
- Prepares formal presentations for customers and potential customers.
- Prepares credit proposals including developing pro-forma analyses and narrative portion of CRRs.
- Documents all loans to ensure perfection of the bank’s security interest in compliance with regulatory, legal and bank requirements.
- Identifies, classifies and monitors problems or potential problem loans in compliance with the internal credit review policy.
- Attempts to collect accounts that are delinquent including negotiating payment schedules, obtaining proper pre-approval if required.
- Interacts with Risk Management, appraisal, legal and other related bank personnel regarding issues of quality, pricing, new business and related trends.
- Provides industry analysis as required.
- Views credit quality as a personal obligation; exhibits independent judgement; ensures balanced loan presentations; responsible for on-going account monitoring; proactive in problem detection/resolution; maintains balance between growth and credit quality.
- Requires deep knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience.
- Typically viewed as a specialist within discipline.
- May have broad knowledge of project management.
- Requires 7 years minimum prior relevant experience.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
- Demonstrated experience in credit portfolio management, financial model building and preparation of marketing proposals.
- Thorough knowledge of commercial lending policies, procedures, practices and documentation including accounting, financial statement and cash flow analysis, and financial model analysis and presentation.
- Very good knowledge of financial services used by commercial customers.
- Good knowledge of capital markets.
- Credit skills.
- Documentation knowledge.
- Financial services product and service knowledge.
- Negotiation skills.
- Presentation skills.
- Problem solving.
- Quantitative skills.
- Written and verbal communication skills.
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.
Primary Location: United States-California-Los Angeles Job Type: Full-time Job: Sales and Sales Related