At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
Job Description Summary
Responsible for moderately complex commercial loan transactions. Responsible for performing the loan process to conform with credit approval and ensure that the loan processing functions are completed in a timely, accurate and cost effective manner in support of SME Lending Division. Compiles and analyzes due diligence materials required to ensure the loan documents accurately represents the loan terms pursuant to credit approval and the BOW's loan standards. Communication between relationship managers must be engaged soon after customer interest. The team retains a high degree of customer interaction.
Essential Job Functions
- Prepares moderately complex commercial loan documentation packages including notes, deeds of trust, security agreements, construction loan agreements, statistical input, tickler files and any other documents required for loans. Uses established knowledge and experience to mitigate risk without sacrificing quality. Considers all potential risk before taking action and escalates to management as appropriate.
- Responsible for reviewing due diligence materials, ordering third party reports, and meeting compliance requirements. Resolves any diligence and compliance issues.
- Determines internal/external processing path for each loan documentation package. Responsible for the proper documentation of the loan package once this determination has been made.
- Ensures that final loan packages meet BOW standards and then prepares them for the boarding process. Confirms final loan package meets all requirements. Once confirmed, images required files for submission.
- Serves as primary support for payments, draws, advances as part of the servicing function. Provides ongoing tracking and monitoring of covenants, insurance, et. al. to management. Monitors loans for delinquencies and notifies appropriate deal team member for action.
- Ongoing tracking and monitoring of collateral perfection, compliance matters, loan renewals, extensions and modifications.
- Maintain loan file imaging. Ensure complete and accurate imaged files are maintained for presentation in internal and external audits.
- Logs all activity related to the loan administrator function for loan process tracking.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Requires broad knowledge of operational systems and practices typically gained through extensive experience and/or education.
- May require vocational or technical education in addition to prior work experience.
- Good communications skills
- Project management skills
- Expertise in diligence requirements
- Expertise in compliance policy (OFAC, KYC, insurance disclosures, etc)
- Deep understanding of borrower types, loan types, and collateral types, with implications for loan processing
- Expertise in BOW standard terms and covenants BOW systems expertise.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.