Responsible for supporting the corporate
financial planning and analysis team with operations and analytics. Performs a variety of complex duties
including the collection and analysis of financial data from reports and
various sources; performs statistical analyses.
Prepares materials for distribution to the board of directors and
executive management committee. Perform
in-depth analysis and provide meaningful insights to senior leadership.
Essential Job Functions
1. Prepares management reporting to internal consumers as well as board of directors. Ensures meaningful and relevant information while guaranteeing data integrity and accuracy.
2. Performs monthly review and evaluation of actual financial performance compared to budget and prior year of the total bank and individual business units. May partner with divisions within the business unit in support of FP&A activities.
3. Assists in building the annual budget and the quarterly forecast for the LOB. Assists in improving and/or rebuilding the revenue and expense budget models
4. Ensures the integration of the budgeting and planning data and with general ledger for monthly reporting of actual against budget.
5. Periodically reviews and evaluates actual financial performance of the Bank's business units and performs variances analysis relative to plan.
6. May assist in the annual production of bank financials for goodwill assessment.
7. Participates in system implementation and process improvement projects; e.g. implementation of planning and cost allocation modules of Oracle’s System 9 product (essbase).
8. Researches relevant business developments in the organization and/or within the industry.
9. Assists with the integration of acquired entities into the unit profitability reporting and budgeting processes.
10. Proactively communicates with management and the parent company on potential reporting issues and proposes solutions and alternatives.
11. Ensures the integration of the budgeting and planning data with the general ledger for monthly reporting of actual against budget.
12. May plan, conduct and supervise long-term projects.
13. Performs other ad-hoc duties as assigned
- Requires deep knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience.
- Typically viewed as a specialist within discipline.
- May have broad knowledge of project management.
- Requires 7 years minimum prior relevant experience.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Thorough knowledge of U.S.
- GAAP; some knowledge of international accounting standards; regulatory topics such as capital issues and GAAP accounting issues as they relate to the banking industry.
- Thorough knowledge of financial and cost accounting, financial analysis, and principles of economics.
- Thorough knowledge of financial institution balance sheet and profit and loss analysis techniques.
- Experience presenting financial results, budgets and financial recommendations to senior management.
- Thorough understanding of regulatory topics such as capital issues and GAAP accounting issues as they relate to the banking industry.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.