What sets Bank of the West apart from other banks is our team members–they embody the optimistic spirit of the West. There is a spirit here that drives us to do more. Our team of more than 10,000 employees is vital to the success of our Bank. They reflect our modern western values—straightforward, entrepreneurial and optimistic. We seek to create a corporate culture that fosters and rewards excellence, encourages creative thinking and respects diversity – an environment where team members are engaged, supportive of one another and enthusiastic about serving our customers. Bank of the West offers the stability of a company that has a 135 year history and is part of BNP Paribas, a European leader in global banking and financial services and one of the 6 strongest banks in the world. We offer opportunities across our diverse business lines – Retail Banking, Commercial Banking, National Finance, and Wealth Management.
Sr Financial Reporting Analyst
Responsible for understanding and preparing the Bank's regulatory reports in compliance with legal and regulatory requirements, company policies and procedures, and generally accepted accounting policies. Apply understanding of current report production process and requirements to drive automation of report production through the EDW and associated reporting tools.
Essential Job Functions
- Responsible for the preparation of the regulatory reports such as Call Report, FRY-9C, FRY-9LP, etc. to ensure accuracy, completeness and compliance with legal and regulatory reporting requirements and generally accepted accounting principles
- Assess, develop and maintain proper controls, robust documentation, and change management approach for all reporting areas – automated and manual – associated with regulatory reporting function
- Communicate issues with appropriate data owners. Monitor and track issues to ensure timely and appropriate resolutions are achieved
- Partner with Financial, business subject matter experts, other analysts and developers to ensure requirements are captured appropriately and solutions implemented adequately to address the business needs
- Stays current on new and evolving regulatory reporting requirements, assess impact and ensure compliance for accurate reporting
- Participate in communication with Business Units on an ongoing basis to anticipate changes in business and to communicate new regulatory reporting requirements
- Participate in projects as required for new initiatives, process improvements or technology implementation and development
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field - Required
- Master’s Degree & /or Advanced Certification – Highly preferred
- 5+ years of experience in accounting, auditing, or financial or regulatory reporting – Required
- Bank product and service knowledge – Highly preferred
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP and Regulatory Reporting concepts and practices
- Strong understanding of Banking, Accounting, and Finance-related processes and concepts with a strong understanding of a Bank’s financial statements
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills and research ability
- Excellent attention to detail & strong communication skills (both verbal and written) and interpersonal skills
- Proficient in Microsoft office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Knowledge of Hyperion Financial Management and other report generation instruments
- Working experience with SQL is a plus
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to organize and manage multiple, changing priorities, and complete tasks under limited timeframe
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.