Job Description Summary
Responsible for supporting the corporate financial planning and analysis team with operations and analytics. Performs a variety of complex duties including the collection and analysis of financial data from reports and various sources; performs statistical analyses. Prepares materials for distribution to the board of directors and executive management committee. Perform in-depth analysis and provide meaningful insights to senior leadership.
Essential Job Functions
- Prepares management reporting to internal consumers as well as EMC members. Ensures meaningful and relevant information while guaranteeing data integrity and accuracy.
- Performs monthly review and evaluation of actual financial performance compared to budget and prior year for the Commercial banking Group business. Partner with divisions within the Bank in support of FP&A CST activities.
- Ensures the integration of the budgeting and planning data and with general ledger for monthly reporting of actual against budget.
- Periodically reviews and evaluates actual financial performance and performs variances analysis relative to plan.
- Participates in system implementation and process improvement projects
- Support the head of Strategy & Administration to explain, review and discuss the monthly results, highlighting key points and analysis needs. Provide good and timing information and analytic, including the Project reporting and support
- Monitor and analyze the total Commercial Banking Group expenses identifying risk and opportunities and providing support to efficiency manage the expenses and expense save initiatives.
- Establishing meaningful KPI to track performance.
- Contribute to the improvement of the budget and forecast process establishing the timeline and managing the input and review process. Coordinate the budget process with the rest of Commercial banking teams and aligning the timing, needs, process and goals to constantly meet the deadline
Other Job Duties
- Proactively communicates with management on potential reporting issues and proposes solutions and alternatives.
- Ensures the integration of the budgeting and planning data with the general ledger for monthly reporting of actual against budget.
- Requires deep knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience.
- Typically viewed as a specialist within discipline.
- May have broad knowledge of project management.
- Requires 7 years minimum prior relevant experience.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Complete knowledge of financial analysis and principles of economics of financial and cost accounting
- Complete knowledge of financial institution balance sheet, profit and loss and analysis techniques
- Working knowledge of GAAP accounting issues as they relate to the banking industry
- Knowledge of Hyperion & Essbase a plus
- Excellent Power Point presentation ability required
- Exercises judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results and analysis
- Demonstrated ability to develop solutions to highly complex and diverse analytical problems which requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factor
- Time Management and organizational leadership skills
- Ability to work effectively with diverse teams
- Skill coordinating and leading effective meetings
- Ability to problem solve and prioritize tasks in a fast paced environment
- Strong professional communication and presentation skills.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.