Sr Data Operations Analyst
United States-California-San Ramon
What sets Bank of the West apart from other banks is our team members–they embody the optimistic spirit of the West. There is a spirit here that drives us to do more. Our team of more than 10,000 employees is vital to the success of our Bank. They reflect our modern western values—straightforward, entrepreneurial and optimistic. We seek to create a corporate culture that fosters and rewards excellence, encourages creative thinking and respects diversity – an environment where team members are engaged, supportive of one another and enthusiastic about serving our customers. Bank of the West offers the stability of a company that has a 135 year history and is part of BNP Paribas, a European leader in global banking and financial services and one of the 6 strongest banks in the world. We offer opportunities across our diverse business lines – Retail Banking, Commercial Banking, National Finance, and Wealth Management.
Responsible for planning and performing data validation for the function to support regulatory submissions for Bank of the West. Participates the in the development of analytical tools and solutions to the support business as usual. Responsible for providing validation services to projects, maintenance activities and taking ownership of the quality of multiple applications while conducting validation , developing solutions, and assisting in the development, implementation, and maintenance of operational best practices and validation standards. Analyzes business requirements for completeness, testability and will carry out the quality assurance validation activities to ensure the applications and products and/or releases are in compliance with the operational/quality assurance standards of the organization.
1. Analyzes complex SQL queries, tune them for performance and identifies data related issuesnalyzes business requirements, design documents for completeness and testability.
2. Performs Root Cause Analysis on data integrity issues that deviate from documented requirement specifications.
3. Be well-versed in Oracle database, relational data models and tools like SQL*Plus, SQL*Loader, Toad etc.
4. Creates High Level and Detailed specification documents utilized for data transfer across various internal applications.
5. Works with cross functional teams to understand requirements and perform all tasks related to Operations.
6. Analyzes and recommends business, technology and process improvement opportunities.
7. Generates ad-hoc reports and regular datasets or report information for end-users using system tools and database or data warehouse queries.
8. Ability to work with and support Senior Management and be accountable for disseminating and summarizing information into a format that can facilitate high level decision making processes.
9. Familiar with working on audit compliant data systems and external reporting.
10. Performs other duties as assigned.
Requires deep knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience. Typically viewed as having as a specialist within discipline. May have broad knowledge of project management.
· Requires 7 years minimum prior relevant experience.
· Ability to solve analytical and data integrity problems while prioritizing and managing multiple tasks.
· Experience in building relational data structures, including relationships between tables and grouping data.
· Technical skills to manipulate and analyze data in a variety of formats (e.g. PL/SQL, SQL, Oracle, Toad, SQL*Loader, Macros, Excel)
· Experienced in working with Macros either in Excel or Macro Express.
· Experienced with Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio.
· The ability to conduct cost/benefit analysis.
· A forward thinker, always thinking of solutions outside the box.
· Provides recommendations to streamline tasks and create a more efficient working environment.
· Up to date with the latest technological advances.
· The ability to organize and prioritize multiple projects and tasks.
· Ability to solve complex analytical and data integrity problems while prioritizing and managing multiple tasks.
· Administers continuous monitoring/auditing procedures.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.