- Leads business and technical partners with expert knowledge of relevant security system technologies.
- Elicits and translates business requirements to systems specifications for securing complex business systems; ensures security specifications align with business requirements.
- Prepares and analyzes detailed systems specifications for complex security systems that fit with the Bank's system architecture standards.
- Collaborates with business functional groups in analyzing and evaluating business requirements; develops and manages the security aspects of the logical and functional design.
- Reviews departmental and bank processes or procedures related to supported security controls and/or systems and proposes relevant changes/updates.
- May evaluate system parameters and formats to determine direction of upgrades, enhancements, development, and maintenance of various security systems.
- May assist in developing complex test plans and test conditions of business systems and interface applications to ensure proper implementation of security controls.
- Provides support as an information security subject matter expert to department or business units for relevant business or system processes.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Requires deep knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience.
- Typically viewed as a specialist within discipline.
- May have broad knowledge of project management.
- Requires 7 years minimum prior relevant experience.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Previous project management experience highly desirable.
- Ability to work with little guidance.
- Experience in a regulated industry highly desirable; financial services preferred.
- Knowledge of enterprise architecture.
- Ability to design mixed-technology solutions.
- Ability to conduct ROI and gap analysis for potential and existing products.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Solid problem solving and analytical skills; must be resourceful, creative, innovative, results driven and adaptable.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.