Sr. Collections Rep - San Ramon, CA
United States-California-San Ramon
Collections / Commercial Workouts
What sets Bank of the West apart from other banks is our team members–they embody the optimistic spirit of the West. There is a spirit here that drives us to do more. Our team of more than 10,000 employees is vital to the success of our Bank. They reflect our modern western values—straightforward, entrepreneurial and optimistic. We seek to create a corporate culture that fosters and rewards excellence, encourages creative thinking and respects diversity – an environment where team members are engaged, supportive of one another and enthusiastic about serving our customers. Bank of the West offers the stability of a company that has a 135 year history and is part of BNP Paribas, a European leader in global banking and financial services and one of the 6 strongest banks in the world. We offer opportunities across our diverse business lines – Retail Banking, Commercial Banking, National Finance, and Wealth Management.
Responsible for directing and evaluating specialized teams within Collections/Default Management to meet Bank wide and departmental objectives. Provides an accurate and consistent analysis of employees’ skills and developmental needs along with coaching and feedback.
Essential Job Functions
1. Oversees analysis of financial information to make appropriate repayment agreements for customers with delinquent accounts.
2. Ensures adequate training for staff to effectively collect on delinquent loans, leases, lines of credit, credit card, overdraft and mortgages, including bankrupt accounts as applicable to their job responsibility. Understands and meets all requirements for investors and insurers if applicable.
3. Evaluates hardship requests and approves loss mitigation modification and repayment agreements, fee waivers, and credit bureau changes in accordance to Bank policy.
4. Directs and assists in the operational and technical functions of the unit.
5. Motivates staff to obtain individual and unit objectives.
6. Monitors skill level of staff and provides necessary training. Informs staff of new or revised policies and procedures.
7. Manages work assignments. Actively participates in the staffs monthly review process.
8. Recommends accounts for charge off and Notice of Default filings, if applicable. Prepares foreclosed inventory for liquidation.
9. Reviews, approves and monitors repossessions assignments for Auto, RV and Marine, if applicable. Prepares inventory for liquidation.
10. Performs statistical and analytical reporting of default management accounts.
11. Adheres to, and monitors staff’s adherence to, Fair Debt Collection Practice Act; Collection, Repossession, and Bankruptcy laws/regulations; Fair Credit Reporting Act and mortgage Insurer/Investor/PMI guidelines.
12. Responds to written correspondence.
13. Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Education or Equivalent Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Years of functional/professional experience: 4+ years in collections
- Years of supervisory or managerial experience: 2+ years as a supervisor
Administrative/Technical Skills/ Other Information
- Complete knowledge of consumer and or mortgage products
- Complete knowledge of FDCPA, SCRA, FCRA and all other collection related Acts
- Thorough knowledge of investor/insurer agency relationships and guidelines
- Experience with federal, state and agency compliance as it relates to default management
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.