Job Description Summary
Responsible for providing highly complex analytical and project oversight by conducting financial analyses, assisting with internal strategy and ad-hoc projects, and performing competitor and industry benchmarking analysis for a designated Business Line.
Essential Job Functions
- Manages data gathering efforts with internal and external business partners. Builds complex financial models related to current and future business, product and/or customer economics.
- Conducts competitive, industry and bank research.
- Participates in the management of complex projects.
- Interprets complex analysis and develops presentations for senior management.
- Partners with members of other groups and functions within the bank to drive results.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Requires deep knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience.
- Typically viewed as a specialist within discipline.
- May have broad knowledge of project management.
- Requires 7 years minimum prior relevant experience.
- Bachelor's Degree Economics, Math, Accounting, or applicable field
- Excellent financial modeling skills
- Strong data collection, research and quantitative skills (esp. finance, accounting, statistics)
- Knowledge of the banking and financial services industries
- Knowledge of accounting and financial concepts, experience with bank accounting and financial statement analysis
- Ability to summarize complex information into simple to understand information
- Ability to develop relationships with multiple stakeholders throughout an organization
- Exceptional MS Excel, PowerPoint and Word skills; experience with other data analysis tools a plus
- Ability to self motivate and a desire to work independently in a relatively unstructured environment.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.