Job Description Summary
Responsible for supporting an assigned Team with general sales office support. May work with more complex loan activities.
Essential Job Functions
- Provides support assistance for activities associated with the funding of a new business/commercial loans that may include ordering documents, assembles and reviews a variety of documents to ensure completeness of loan packages and accuracy of documents based on type of loan, may order credit reports.
- Prepares business development officer or relationship manager loan packages for submission for underwriting Assists the Team in the generation of new business through outside calling, networking and referrals.
- Assists Team in achieving 100% of established quarterly and annual production objectives that is determined every year.
- Supports assigned Team that include answering phones, processing incoming and outgoing mail, deliveries, maintaining office equipment, ordering supplies, maintaining filing systems, photocopying and other office clerical support.
- Assists the Team with developing and implementing marketing materials established by the business unit
- May foster new and expand existing customer relationships through other services for the bank.
- Maintains and applies a thorough understanding of the bank's credit policy and business practices to ensure the submission and accurate and complete loan application tracking
- Monitors and reports all loan production including, but not limited to, logging in all new loan submission and continually updating and tracking the loan submissions through closing.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Requires 5 years minimum experience.
Requires broad knowledge of operational systems and practices typically gained through extensive experience and/or education.
- May require vocational or technical education in addition to prior work experience.
- High School Diploma or GED Required
- Good knowledge of business loan programs.
- Good knowledge of Word and Excel.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Possess a combination of Banking Center leadership or Commercial or Business Banking or support experience, as well as Credit, Loan Process and/or Treasury sales servicing, or operations management experience.
Experience in the Banking/Financial industry.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.