Senior Service Officer II (Branch Team Lead) - Mill Valley
United States-California-Mill Valley
What sets Bank of the West apart from other banks is our team members–they embody the optimistic spirit of the West. There is a spirit here that drives us to do more. Our team of more than 10,000 employees is vital to the success of our Bank. They reflect our modern western values—straightforward, entrepreneurial and optimistic. We seek to create a corporate culture that fosters and rewards excellence, encourages creative thinking and respects diversity – an environment where team members are engaged, supportive of one another and enthusiastic about serving our customers.
Bank of the West offers the stability of a company that has a 135 year history and is part of BNP Paribas, a European leader in global banking and financial services and one of the 6 strongest banks in the world. We offer opportunities across our diverse business lines – Retail Banking, Commercial Banking, National Finance, and Wealth Management.
Provides coaching and direction to front line customer service staff. Assists with accurately processing deposits, transfers, withdraws and other transactions. Accountable for branch's lobby management process and engages with customers in the lobby to ensure a high quality customer experience.
Essential Job Functions
1. Assists the Branch Manager in the branch and is Officer-in-Charge in Branch Manager's absence
2. Works with Branch Manager to achieve customer service targets
3. Performs all customer transactions including sales transactions.
4. Has signing authority, overrides, post NFS/pd OD reports, accepts items for collection, end of day CSR activities, Monthly GL Certifications, Certifications and Vault Duties
5. Coordinates lobby and line management strategies.
6. Performs all customer transactions including less complex sales transactions.
7. Supports the branch manager in the selection, hiring and training of Service Bankers and provides staff performance evaluation feedback.
8. Creates and achieves sales referral and service goals for self and Service Banker team members
9. Provides guidance to Service Banker team for cross sell opportunities and portfolio management
10. Investigate controllable losses among team members and provide corrective coaching when appropriate
11. Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Education or Equivalent Experience
· Bachelor's Degree preferred
High School Diploma or GED required
- Years of functional/professional experience: Typically requires three plus years of experience.
Administrative/Technical Skills/ Other Information
- Excellent customer service skills that include good verbal and written communication
- Relationship building, collaboration and teamwork
- Problem Solving skills
- MMCRM, Touchpoint Teller and Systems Training and new account opening
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.