Job Description Summary
Bank of the West is seeking a Senior Procurement Officer with a strong background in sourcing and managing contracts/suppliers. The individual will support sourcing strategies through contract negotiations, drafting and driving support of significant reduction in the costs of goods and services year over year by mitigating risks through negotiation terms. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated strong partnerships with internal clients and experience in successfully negotiating contracts with global suppliers in a range of product categories. Maintains exceptional sourcing strategies and superior supplier relationships.
Essential Job Functions
- Leads complex contract negotiations and drafting - balancing of risk and rewards.
- Work with peers and clients to ensure appropriate contract approvals are obtained and documented.
- Provide contract management services for strategic and major agreements across multiple categories.
- Negotiate and resolve disputes with suppliers.
- Identifies and implements solutions to drive incremental cost reductions and cost-avoidance opportunities for assigned contracts, suppliers, etc.
- Interacts with and supports multiple businesses, internal and external Stakeholders, functions and Suppliers.
- Effectively influences and aligns strategies and expectations and manages individual priorities given a set of performance objectives.
- Provides guidance to internal business clients on Procurement capabilities and processes. Works to ensure team cost savings (reduction, and avoidance) goals are achieved or exceeded and ensures business control compliance.
- Analyzes data and strategic opportunity leading to the identification of potential Business Partner optimization gaps. Suggests and implements improvements/changes.
- Optimizes Procurement processes to ensure Business Partners are able to make successful business decisions.
- May lead and manage projects, promotes teamwork and communications in coordination with colleagues and Business Partners.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Requires deep knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience.
- Typically viewed as a specialist within discipline.
- May have broad knowledge of project management.
- Requires 7 years minimum prior relevant experience.
- Bachelor's Degree - Required
- Master's Degree - Preferred
- Proven ability in managing high-level complex supplier contracts and partnerships.
- Proven negotiation/influencing skills with senior management.
- Superior oral and written communication and presentation skills.
- Interpersonal skills necessary to interact effectively with suppliers and all levels of management.
- Must be an absolute self-starter, with strong project management skills, and possess the ability to effectively manage multiple demand and time resources.
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.