What sets Bank of the West apart from other banks is our team members–they embody the optimistic spirit of the West. There is a spirit here that drives us to do more. Our team of more than 10,000 employees is vital to the success of our Bank. They reflect our modern western values—straightforward, entrepreneurial and optimistic. We seek to create a corporate culture that fosters and rewards excellence, encourages creative thinking and respects diversity – an environment where team members are engaged, supportive of one another and enthusiastic about serving our customers.
Bank of the West offers the stability of a company that has a 135 year history and is part of BNP Paribas, a European leader in global banking and financial services and one of the 6 strongest banks in the world. We offer opportunities across our diverse business lines – Retail Banking, Commercial Banking, National Finance, and Wealth Management.
Job Description Summary
Responsible for reviewing, providing credible challenge and establishing or updating policies and procedures used across the bank's consumer, small business and SBA lines of business. Responsible for coordinating timely revisions and annual reviews of policies, procedures, or processes. Provides feedback on various Business Line related initiatives and projects.
Essential Job Functions
· Actively reviews all loan policies, commercial procedures and business line procedures (including PFD’s USAG, CRES’ RLM, and BCS Standard/SBA’s desktop procedures) to identify and resolve any deficiencies and/or unwarranted risk.
• May include coordinating with Enterprise Risk Intelligence to perform stress tests on targeted portfolios.
• Ensures all policies and procedures are in compliance with regulatory and legal requirements.
· Review and assure Business Line credit proposals are using the standardized template, addressing the required information and clearly summarizing their recommendation
• Document and resolve any applicable creditable challenges
• Detail his/her recommendations to Credit Admin Group Manager and Chief Consumer Credit Officer
• Meet RISK defined SLA’s
• Ensure effective implementation; including:
- Comprehensive communication plan to ensure teams implement changes effectively and in a timely manner.
- Verify appropriate training materials for managers and lending staff are created and distributed
- If applicable, confirm system enhancements meet new requirements
· Ongoing review of MIS to detect any material trends or anomalies deserving further investigation. If so, detail recommended changes; including supporting documentation
· Review policy/RAC exceptions and, if any are outside an acceptable range, make recommendations to remediate
· Collaborate with RISK Product Managers to identify any upcoming recommended policy changes, proposals, etc.
· Manages the efforts to measure, monitor and mitigate the various risk aspects of the loan policies, including risks associated with underwriting, portfolio management, and collections.
· Oversees effective administration of loan policy & procedure documentation in repository and archives.
· Works independently on multiple tasks and projects within multiple team environments.
Other Job Duties
· Managing the following responsibilities:
o Business Continuity Plan Coordinator
o Sharepoint Site Administrator
o Monitor the daily 4 Eyes eligibility and consumer delinquency reports
o Track and document pending credit proposals and loan policy updates
o Create basic ad hoc reports
o Set up meetings (and agenda) with key business partners as well as document the meeting minutes
o Research regulatory websites (i.e. FDIC, CFPB, FRB, etc.) and competitor annual reports to provide any new or pending regulatory changes, industry performance, competitive landscape, etc.
o Assure all approved loan policy & procedure documentation is uploaded/updated in the appropriate repository
· May support or manage various projects from conception to completion as assigned to support RISK projects
· Performs other duties as assigned
· Typically has mastery level knowledge and skills within a specific technical or professional discipline with broad understanding of other areas within the job function.
· May have practical knowledge of project management.
· Requires 5 years minimum prior relevant experience.
· Bachelor's Degree
· Good knowledge of Commercial and Consumer Credit Compliance and Regulatory matters
· Thorough understanding of banking, financial topics and trends
· Good written and verbal presentation skills and ability to communicate well
· Planning, presentation and organization capabilities
· Capacity to connect reports outcomes with operational practices and policies
· Detail-oriented and able to manage multiple tasks/deadlines
· Work effectively as a team member of the risk team and also capable of developing professional collaborative relationship with business and corporate risk teams.
· Autonomy Flexible, proactive working style and adaptive to a team environment
· Excellent knowledge of MS Office tools required
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.