What sets Bank of the West apart from other banks is our team members–they embody the optimistic spirit of the West. There is a spirit here that drives them to do more. Our team of more than 10,000 employees is vital to the success of our Bank. They reflect our modern western values-straightforward, entrepreneurial and optimistic. We seek to create a corporate culture that fosters and rewards excellence, encourages creative thinking and respects diversity – an environment where team members are engaged, supportive of one another and enthusiastic about serving our customers. Bank of the West offers the stability of a company that has a 135 year history and is part of BNP Paribas, a European leader in global banking and financial services and one of the strongest banks in the world. We offer opportunities across our diverse business lines – Consumer Banking, Commercial Banking, and Wealth Management.
Bank of the West has an exciting new Senior Compliance Officer role in the area of Regulation W.
The individual in this position will:
· Responsible Regulation W program by providing advice and consultation to senior business leaders regarding nuanced Regulation W regulatory requirements
· Perform detailed analyses of complex affiliate transactions involving the global institution and worldwide affiliates
· Work independently to evaluate business risk assessments and establish effective Regulation W internal controls based on regulatory requirements and major compliance obligations
· Interact with regulatory examiners and other staff in responding to regulatory examinations and routine requests for information
· Develop remediation plans in partnership with business leaders to address internal audit and other findings
· Lead Regulation W project initiatives to enhance the Regulation W control environment
· Work with business unit risk and control officers to implement policies and procedures in alignment with enterprise policy.
· Partner with business unit risk and control officers to ensure a robust first line of defense for Regulation W Compliance.
· Perform daily Regulation W activities such as evaluation of routine affiliate transactions
· Work with the Regulation W Compliance Manager on other Regulation W projects as needed.
· Bachelor’s Degree Required
· Law or Master’s Degree in Business Administration, Finance or related field strongly preferred
· 7 + yrs. combined Legal/Compliance experience
· 2+ yrs. of Regulation W experience
· Strong working knowledge of banking regulations and subject matter expert in Regulations W
· Strong writing skills, including ability to draft policies and procedures clearly and concisely
· Strong analytic ability and oral communication skills
· Self-motivated and able to work independently
· Able to grasp and translate complex and theoretical concepts into practice
· Able to multitask and work effectively in a deadline driven environment
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.