Relationship Banker II - Culver City
United States-California-Culver City
What sets Bank of the West apart from other banks is our team members–they embody the optimistic spirit of the West. There is a spirit here that drives us to do more. Our team of more than 10,000 employees is vital to the success of our Bank. They reflect our modern western values—straightforward, entrepreneurial and optimistic. We seek to create a corporate culture that fosters and rewards excellence, encourages creative thinking and respects diversity – an environment where team members are engaged, supportive of one another and enthusiastic about serving our customers. Bank of the West offers the stability of a company that has a 135 year history and is part of BNP Paribas, a European leader in global banking and financial services and one of the 6 strongest banks in the world. We offer opportunities across our diverse business lines – Retail Banking, Commercial Banking, National Finance, and Wealth Management.
The regulations implementing the S.A.F.E. Act statute require that individual mortgage loan originators be registered with the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System and Registry.
Responsible for branch sales and portfolio growth efforts related to various Banks's financial products to prospective customers. In conjunction with branch sales efforts, supports, promotes, and markets promotional activities, enhance customer relationships, and refer customers to other business partners as appropriate.
Essential Job Functions
1. Sells Bank products and provides superior customer service. Cross-sells products and services including mortgage loans.
2. Completes documentation required to establish and maintain new accounts. Complies with all policies/procedures related to the new account process.
3. Manages assigned MMCRM portfolio, identifying opportunities to deepen and expand relationship.
4. Promotes and markets financial products through outside calls, telemarketing, targeted directed mailings, and in-branch selling
5. Assist less experienced Relationship Banker with more complex service or sales transactions.
6. Performs other duties as assigned.
Required: High School Diploma or GED
Preferred: Bachelor’s Degree
- Years of functional/professional experience: Typically have 3 plus years experience of banking sales and products.
Administrative/Technical Skills/ Other Information
- Strong customer service skills that includes verbal and communication skills
- Drives for results
- Strong knowledge at building relationships, collaboration and team work
- Strong problem solving skills
- Strong knowledge of banking products, credit products and services
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.