What sets Bank of the West apart from other banks is our team members–they embody the optimistic spirit of the West. There is a spirit here that drives us to do more. Our team of more than 10,000 employees is vital to the success of our Bank. They reflect our modern western values—straightforward, entrepreneurial and optimistic. We seek to create a corporate culture that fosters and rewards excellence, encourages creative thinking and respects diversity – an environment where team members are engaged, supportive of one another and enthusiastic about serving our customers. Bank of the West offers the stability of a company that has a 135 year history and is part of BNP Paribas, a European leader in global banking and financial services and one of the 6 strongest banks in the world. We offer opportunities across our diverse business lines – Consumer Banking, Commercial Banking, and Wealth Management.
The Recruiter role provides recruiting support with full responsibility for candidate phone screens, assessments, offers, and managing the hiring process for high volume positions.
Essential Job Functions
- Work with Hiring Managers to understand position requirements, set expectations, and maintain communications throughout the talent acquisition process
- Post job and review internal and external candidate’s resumes to assess their fit.
- Source candidates through job postings, referrals, and other effective sourcing strategies
- Conduct phone screens, provide candidate assessments, and recommend viable candidates to hiring manager for further consideration
- Assist in scheduling candidate telephone and in person interviews
- Conduct reference checks on top candidates; extend verbal offer, offer letter and manage pre-hire on boarding process
- Manage all candidate communications and information to ensure a positive candidate experience throughout the Talent Acquisition process
- Achieve metrics and goals including quality of applicant pools, diversity, number of hires, and time-to-fill
Required Education or Equivalent Experience
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- A minimum of 2 years of recruiting experience is required; experience within the financial services industry highly preferred
Administrative/Technical Skills/ Other Information
- Strong customer service skills
- Strong communication skills (both oral and written)
- Strong work ethic and sense of urgency
- Technology savvy; experience utilizing Microsoft Office (Word, Excel) products
- Experience with an ATS system; Taleo preferred
- Ability to multi-task and work in fast paced environment
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.