The story of Bank of the West is a rich tale of growth, progress and innovation spanning more than a century. For over 135 years, listening and responding to the needs of our customers and communities has been central to our business philosophy. Bank of the West is a premier financial services company that serves more than 2 million households in 19 states, from California, the Pacific Northwest and the Southwest across the Rocky Mountains and Great Plains into the Midwest. And our specialty divisions serve customers nationwide. With more than 700 banking locations across 19 states and a team of more than 10,000 employees, Bank of the West serves the banking needs of all major market segments – consumer, small, middle market, and large commercial enterprises, and government entities. We’ve developed innovative products and services, and a sophisticated approach to credit. We always remember we are in a “people business,” and no matter how large we become, we never lose sight of the individual customer. Bank of the West is fully owned by BNP Paribas, a European leader in global banking and financial services and one of the 6 strongest banks in the world.
The Talent Acquisition Team at Bank of the West is growing! We are looking to add a new Recruiter to our team that is passionate about recruiting and offering outstanding customer service to our clients.
This role will have full responsibility for candidate phone screens, assessments, offers and managing the hiring process for non-exempt and exempt positions for the Consumer Banking Division.
- Collaborate with Hiring Managers to understand position requirements, and advise them on policies, processes, recruiting initiatives and compliance. Conduct intake session to set expectations, and maintain communications throughout the recruiting process.
- Develop position profiles and postings that are attractive to potential candidates.
- Review internal and external candidate’s resumes and assess their fit.
- Conduct phone screens, provide candidate assessments, and recommend viable candidates to hiring manager for further consideration.
- Source and maintain a pipeline of candidates through job postings, referrals, and direct sourcing using proactive tactics (social media, networking, and cold calling, etc.) Always working to build a better pipeline of diverse, quality candidates.
- Lead candidate interview feedback session; provide follow up on interview as necessary.
- Manage all candidate communications and information to ensure a positive candidate experience throughout the recruiting process.
- Follow up with all candidates who were interviewed to provide feedback.
- Manage all candidate tracking and status updates in the Applicant Tracking System.
- Extend verbal offers, create offer letters and manage the pre-hire process.
- Achieve metrics and goals including quality of applicant pools, diversity, number of hires, and time-to-fill.
- Attend job fairs and other recruiting functions to support the market.
- Evaluate Affirmative Action goals to ensure that EEO standards are met.
- Knowledge and understanding of HR policies, practices and procedures, including an understanding of legal and OFCCP recruiting requirements.
- 3-5 years of full-cycle recruiting experience, human resource experience, or a combination of both is required
Experience within the financial services industry highly preferred
Direct sourcing experience required
Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
Strong relationship building skills
Strong work ethic and sense of urgency
Technology savvy; Intermediate Microsoft Office skills
Strong organizational and prioritizing skills
Educated in the areas of risk management and compliance skills
Experience with an ATS system; Taleo preferred
Ability to multi-task and work in fast paced environment
High School degree required; Bachelor’s Degree preferred
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.