United States-California-San Francisco
Administrative / Clerical
What sets Bank of the West apart from other banks is our team members–they embody the optimistic spirit of the West. There is a spirit here that drives us to do more. Our team of more than 10,000 employees is vital to the success of our Bank. They reflect our modern western values—straightforward, entrepreneurial and optimistic. We seek to create a corporate culture that fosters and rewards excellence, encourages creative thinking and respects diversity – an environment where team members are engaged, supportive of one another and enthusiastic about serving our customers. Bank of the West offers the stability of a company that has a 135 year history and is part of BNP Paribas, a European leader in global banking and financial services and one of the 6 strongest banks in the world. We offer opportunities across our diverse business lines – Retail Banking, Commercial Banking, and Wealth Management.
Responsible for greeting, registering, and routing visitors, answering phones, directing calls and performing routine clerical duties as assigned at Corporate Headquarters.
Essential Job Functions
- Greets visitors, ascertains their identity, has them sign in and notifies appropriate employee of visitor arrival. When necessary routes visitor to appropriate location.
- Answers telephones, routes callers, takes messages and provides routine information to clients or customers.
- Assists with room reservations, supply ordering, and general office support.
- Performs a variety of routine data entry and document creations, as well as other clerical duties.
- Assists with visitor management and building access.
Required Education or Equivalent Experience
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Associate’s Degree preferred
- 2 - 3 years of experience
- Working knowledge of general office procedures
- Demonstrated ability to handle high volume of calls and visitors
Administrative/Technical Skills/ Other Information
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills
- PC proficiency with MS Word, email and the internet
- Professional appearance and demeanor
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.